PDA

View Full Version : Next year Donzi member snowmobile trip

Donziweasel
03-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Speaking with another sledneck the other day, we talked about a Donzi member snowmobile trip out here next winter. You would stay at the Lazy P the first night and then we would head into a lodge in the backcountry for 2 nights and 3 days of touring and powder riding. All abilities from expert to beginner welcome. Bring your sled or use one of mine or a rental at a discount.

Who would be interested?

It would have to be first week of Feb, anytime in Jan, or the second or third week of March.

fegettes
03-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Planning ahead, I would love to make that trip. You can definitely count me in.

Steve

zelatore
03-08-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm there!

But why wait until next year? '12 is still young!

I just found an interesting new Rasberry Ale here in Portland tonight. Should I stock up now?

roadtrip se
03-08-2012, 08:38 AM
I'd go! Preference would be in early March, when our season is pretty much over. Or what used to be our season.

Donziweasel
03-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Alright, we got three. I bet Mike O, Fixx and Glashole would sack up. I am thinking the 2nd week of March. Since I will have newbies and fresh meat to work with, I think 8 is max. Might get a couple of local riding buddies to go to help dig you guys out when you get stuck...... :)

mike o
03-09-2012, 08:17 PM
EVERYBODY GETS STUCK SOMETIME. :yes: ILL HELP YOU.......:kingme: YOU HELP ME......:kingme:

FYI, having a raspberry ale after digging out in chest deep, works for me........:wink:

Donziweasel
03-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Trust me, deep powder, Rocky Mountain riding is a stuck fest. First rule- When someone is stuck, everyone go and help dig them out.

At the end of the day, I was thinking about something stronger than raspberry ale...... :)

Tony
03-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Probably old news to you guys, but the January Popular Mechanics has an article called "Steel & Snow" on p. 70.

It talks about backcountry riding in the Jackson area, and mentions Dan Adams and his riding school. There's also a cool pic of a Polaris 800 Pro-RMK with a BoonDocker turbo...

zelatore
03-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Digging builds character. Especially at 5-figure altitudes.

Besides, if you never slow down, you never get stuck, right? :wink:

mike o
03-15-2012, 07:04 AM
:cool!: "PRETTY" Much :cool!:

@ All altitudes :kingme:

SamIam
03-18-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm in...

Inferno
03-19-2012, 05:49 PM
I would be interested, however there would probably be way too much drinking, swearing and wild behavior for me to be around. :confused:

yeller
03-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Hey DW, sounds like that would be a blast. I'd be in!

Donziweasel
03-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Looks like we have around 6-8. Perfect. You will stay with me at the Lazy P the first night you get into town and the last night. Now, dates.

I do my other trip the 3rd week in Feb. So, it would have to be the end of Jan or somehwere around March 7th. Janaury has less light and can be cold, but the powder is light and fluffy (not sure if that is good for newbies or not but will mean a lot of guys getting stuck). March is much warmer, it stays light later, but the snow is more spring conditions (hero snow, go anwyhere, but not as challenging).

We don't have to decide now, I will probably post a poll on dates in October or November this fall.

Donziweasel
03-21-2012, 08:19 PM
My only problem with that is that I have a booth for Argo at the hillclimb and have to work those 4 days. Starts tomorrow actually.

yeller
03-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Sorry...can't wait for the poll. :hyper:

Personally, I vote January. Cold???? Hell, it is a winter sport isn't it?? :tongue:

I could make early March work too. Compact snow is a lot of fun too. Rent a short track and wring it out!!

Just thought about.....is there even a short track in JH? :wink:

zelatore
03-22-2012, 10:05 AM
No way I can see that far into the future, so I can't claim any prefernce on dates. I guess if I were pinned down, I might go with March as well just because so many people have travel plans around the holidays normally. And more daylight is a good thing.

mike o
03-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Why freeze when you can get a tan. :cool!: This event just ended in Labrador. Cains Quest, 2500 km cross country endurance race in Canada...............:superman: http://cainsquest.com/2012/03/22/top-3-cains-quest-2012-winners/ A couple teams from Maine enter every Yr. Check it out.. http://cainsquest.com/video/