PDA

View Full Version : New 28ZX interior by PPI

In the red
03-03-2012, 05:51 AM
I wanted to get away from the stock white vinyl as it was yellowing over time and was so hard to keep clean. The folks at PPI in Sarasota did an outstanding job. Jim Cowan was great to work with (even for a picky azz like me). They are used to working on high dollar boats and completely wrapped the entire sides of the boat in vinyl while they were working on it so no scratches. All new foam, the best vinyls and Tenara thread that is UV, stain, and waterproof. I really like the way the blue and yellow textured vinyls change color in the sun. The side combing panels were redesigned and are new They went the extra mile on this and even put their "mitigator" shock system in the bolster seats that is used in race boats. The ZX in the pad has a 3D effect and is slightly raised off the pad which looks great. All the seams and workmanship are top notch.

Ghost
03-03-2012, 06:40 AM
Wow, that looks perfectly done. Very nice.

Bobby D
03-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Very nice

FISHIN SUCKS
03-03-2012, 10:38 AM
WOW is right:eek:........doood, that looks awesome:yes:!!!! I need to show our interior some attention, can ya give a ballpark of how much to do what you did? I really like the colored panel running around the 4 headrests and then down the sides.

tom

ROADTOYS
03-03-2012, 02:06 PM
I am getting prices on the same job, I figured while I do my engine swap I would do the interior, they quoted me loke $8 grand if I brought them the boat, I am sure it would be a great job but..... I had to go change my shorts when she gave me the quote:eek::shocking:

jdp_509
03-03-2012, 10:00 PM
That is AWESOME. Great looking boat and interior. :nilly:

In the red
03-04-2012, 07:55 AM
There is a huge amount of man hours to do one of these correctly. Patterning the vinyl panels on a custom job takes alot of time. I didn't realize this either until they started working on mine. The majority of the cost is in the labor. If you go cheap it will look cheap and you have wasted your money. Someone that does high performance boats all the time knows all the tricks to make it look right and last. Ive seen alot of wavy and puckered seams, and loose vinyl on interior jobs and I cant stand that on a quality boat like a donzi. I did alot of research before I chose these folks and am really glad I did.

atisvt99
03-16-2012, 07:50 AM
In the Red,

I noticed what looks like subwoofer mounted under your back seat on the port side... was that factory or did you have that done after? I'm getting my stereo done right now... would be interested in what you went with in your boat and where.

Thanks!

- Justin

Greg Guimond
03-16-2012, 08:50 AM
PPI is one of the best out there............looks great!

In the red
03-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Justin,

Sorry for the delay, as I have been busy at work. The sub is a 10" square L5 Kicker Solo-baric. I wanted just one sub and found this was the largest I could put under the rear seat without disturbing the storage compartment. I made a 1 cu ft sealed box that would slide in. The white flange is starboard plastic and I painted the grill white to match It came out really nice and sounds great. Ive got 500 watts going to it at 2 ohms. It was a bit of an engineering feat getting it in there but it was worth the time spent.