PDA

View Full Version : Texas Boat Repos

IA26ZX
02-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Has anybody ever dealt with Texas Boat Repos? I see they have some engines for sale and was wondering if they were legit, trustworthy, and good to deal with.

Jraysray
03-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Never heard of them. Curious.

fegettes
03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Are you referring to the Boat Repo right outside of Dickinson? There is a big sand pit outside of Dickinson that is full of water and they sell a variety of repoed boats.

Mckillop
03-01-2012, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

The Fastech was submerged at our local Lake Chelan Poker run. That was a very serious boat with the Arnesons. It started taking on water when they lost an inspection plate off a drive at 110+mph. They had forgotten to tighten the inspection plate bolts when they were replacing flywheel bolts late at night before the run. There are some great pics in the attchment below.
http://www.nwoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3624&page=2

Pismo
03-01-2012, 04:05 PM
As long as it is clean fresh water, it will do little to no damage. Wish people understood that. That boat could have been up and running again in a day if it did not stay under too long. Now it is a total waste.

Mckillop
03-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Its sad to see what was once such an great boat to be in the state it is today. By the way, the boat was only submerged for a few hours. They were able to get the boat to shore, only the engine compartment was submerged.

IA26ZX
03-01-2012, 06:04 PM
It is not the 525 I'm looking at. Just tossing around a few ideas and options they have. Probably won't get the deal done, but I thank you all for the help. What I REALLY want is a 500EFI, drop in, turn key and off coarse not sky high in price. Anybody know of any?? LOL!!!

Conquistador_del_mar
03-02-2012, 01:40 AM
I will report more when I get my computer back from being worked on, but watch out for certain things like those CMI headers on their site in Terrell, TX. Bill

Pismo
03-02-2012, 07:46 AM
"the boat was only submerged for a few hours. They were able to get the boat to shore, only the engine compartment was submerged. "

That boat could have been up a running within a few hours. Sad.

woobs
03-02-2012, 11:49 AM
(small hijack)

"That boat could have been up a running within a few hours"

Not that I'm planning to sink anything, but......

Once one gets back to shore, what steps would one take should this situation arise in order to save it?

Mckillop
03-02-2012, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Drain and pickle the engines first. Then get out a hair dryer.lol

woobs
03-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Pickle & drain,then get out a hair dryer....that's what I thought you did with the driver! :)

Conquistador_del_mar
03-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Has anybody ever dealt with Texas Boat Repos? I see they have some engines for sale and was wondering if they were legit, trustworthy, and good to deal with.

----------------------------------------------

Last weekend I sold my 496HO engine package to a man from OKC who has bought about 20 boats from Texas Repo Sales in Terrell, TX. In fact, he bought it to install in a boat he had bought from Texas Repo. While he was there, I was talking with a member of the Donzi forum who had come up to look at the Martini I will be selling. Frank, who was looking at the Martini, was able to talk with Austen who had bought the boats with no problems. Frank had thought about buying one from them just recently so he got some good information. I told Derebery about some CMI headers on their site, but they are the old style that tend to crack at the flange before they changed to the "cool tube" design. Texas Repo Sales brings in the west coast type boats including many from CA and AZ so they are doing well with sales in our area. The owner has a 47' Skater so he is a knowledgeable boater. I hope this helps. Bill