PDA

View Full Version : Donzi 28 ZX Stock 350's 80MPH!! Learn How

99-28zx
02-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Hey everyone i just wanted to let you know on a little tip. I put Zyrex bottom paint on my boat over this winter. My boat does 72 normally. I have not tested it yet but we put it on a 2011 Glastron 28ft Cabin Cruiser with a single 8.1 that was doing 48 and it is now at 55. I am expecting 79-82 mph just from a high performance bottom paint. Let me know if you have any questions i am not trying to sell it or anything just want to help fellow boaters/racers out. It is a good way to get ahead without having to touch your engine. Plus it comes in alot of neat colors. I put it on my boat only because i live at a marina and do not want to trailer it being i go out everyday. The speed is just a plus side.

zelatore
02-28-2012, 09:15 PM
:popcorn:

jasonkennedy
02-28-2012, 11:05 PM
LMAO ... Scuffing your hull and or ride pad area maybe 1/2 mph thats about it , and i am not even sure about that ... BTW ,I Agree with fix, you will loose 5 mph or more guaranteed .

osur866
02-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Wish it was that easy!!! Better to try things and test and get real world results than to post claims on a an experience that's not similar in nature, go run the boat and see if there is actual gains or looses and report back, I do hope your results are positive.

MDonziM
02-29-2012, 03:45 PM
I wish I had bottom paint on my hull, I guess I'll just stick with the special wax I use that added 7mph to my top speed....

Carl C
02-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Looking at 99-28zx's previous posts I don't think he is trying to promote this stuff. I'm not about to paint my hull but this was copied from Zyrex's web site:

It will also increase your gas mileage by up to 4% and increases speed up to 20% over bottom paint.

Pass me the popcorn plz. :lookaroun:

seabuddy
02-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Maybe I am chasing a promo here. But what was the prop specs, rpm and drive on either boat both before and after?

joseph m. hahnl
02-29-2012, 05:26 PM
It will also increase your gas mileage by up to 4% and increases speed up to 20% over bottom paint

__________________________________________________ ________________
OH No!!!!!!!!! you need to read between the lines
__________________________________________________ _______________

So if he was using bottom paint and switched to this he could see a 20% increase in speed. They claim up 10 % increase over Gel "I think"???

The color legend is F'd up so It is kind of a worthless graph:confused:

http://www.zyrexcoatings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ZYREX-BOAT-BROCHURE.pdf

Appears there are a lot more benefits than just speed / GPH increases

So any way, Thanks 99-28zx for being the guinea pig ,let's no how it works out:yes:

Mckillop
03-01-2012, 03:25 PM
This is obviously a joke right???

Just Say N20
03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
It is amusing to me when statements/claims like this are made.

Boat racing professionals spend ga-jillions of dollars to find ways to make their boats perform better; better props, blue printing bottoms, blue printing outdrives, horsepower increases, etc.

If there was even an ounce of potential in a 10% gain in top speed from bottom paint, don't you think every race boat out there would have painted bottoms?

FISHIN SUCKS
03-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Keep us posted 99, good bad or indifferent. Maybe this Zybrex stuff has an opposing charge to H2O and your boat is then hover-craft like.

Homer Simpson:doh: discovered the liquid-filled center bowling ball........the pins will never know what hit them:bawling::propeller:

pipnit
03-02-2012, 11:45 AM
That's all you got? Pfffffftttt... I rubbed some of this all over my boat and motor and went from 75mph to 125mph!!

just make sure that you let it dry and then hand polish it with a fresh microfiber cloth...

seabuddy
03-04-2012, 05:31 PM
So what were the prop, speed, and rpm before and after performance changes on the boat that already used the stuff stated in the post?

99-28zx
04-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Hey i dont why there is so much negativity i never said for sure it worked and i never tryed to sell anyone the stuff. Even if i kept my speed i would be happy that i have a bottom paint that does not slow my boat down. I know for sure is does not cut the speed down from previous experience with the other boat. To the first reply the Cabin Crusier had open gel coat being it was a brand new boat and even if it was painted a 2011 could not have old paint. Gel coat is porus thats why it takes in wax and makes drag. If you take a paint that seals those pours and the paint is filled with wax it is going to reduce drag. I will let everyone know what the boat runs when i get it out. Have a good Easter