PDA

View Full Version : Got a New Man Cave...

RedDog
02-28-2012, 06:21 PM
and the best thing about it is that DonziVol bought it. DonziVol bought his first house about 1-1/4 mile from me. An it is a sweet home.

Pic of DonziVol, DonziVol Dad, and Donzi Deb...

And that's weird - just noticed 3 gingers in a row. Is that safe???

Ed Donnelly
02-28-2012, 08:51 PM
They are saying red heads will be extinct within the next 100 years...Ed

zelatore
02-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Congrats!

We'll need details of course. And pictures!

And if you could post the address, and where you leave the spare key. You know, just in case any of us are in the neighborhood and need a place to crash.... :)

The Hedgehog
02-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Not safe at all! Be sure to get Dave to tell you about the Ginger episode when he and the Captain rescued these girls from the rain in the Roamer. They even had The Captain horrified!

Ghost
02-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Dave, congrats on the new digs!

Donzi Vol
02-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Thanks guys, I'm really excited! I'm not in it just yet...still have to paint, do the carpet, and a deep cleaning. Hopefully I'll be in within the next two weeks. I feel like I just bought boat storage with a house attached, as it has a large garage, is 1 mile from the boat ramp, and (as Tim said) one mile from the RedDog casa.

As for the gingers, just make sure you don't make us mad. You wouldn't like it when we're mad. J/K :)

Once Hedgehog gets his TV and life-sized portrait installed in his room you guys are welcome any time.

Donzi Vol
02-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Per the ginger girls that Hedge mentioned, it was a pretty intense situation. It was like the scene out of the Odyssey where the Sirens take the men captive and attempt to destroy them. Long story short, the Captain and I ended up on a boat with some girls who were really attractive (from afar) who we absolutely did not know AT ALL. After cruising around for a while, the bright red headed girl called me a ginger. I was flabbergasted...and frightened. Thankfully we made it back to the Roamer without injury.

Phil S
02-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Lemme guess, off to Home Depot to buy some Orange paint ?? :shocking::nilly:

Congratulations ! Sounds like the perfect place !

Phil S.

The Hedgehog
02-29-2012, 10:11 PM
OMG Dave, that is soo funny!

Lively-one
02-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Congrats on the new Donzi garage...and attached house! Got some Ginger in our family too...my Dad had red hair as do both my sisters. :)

roadtrip se
03-01-2012, 07:46 AM
So how about a warm-up party for the Gorge Run this year? We can help "break" the place in. Just kidding, D.

Congrats...:rock::alky::toilet::thewave:

zelatore
03-01-2012, 10:12 AM
I feel like I just bought boat storage with a house attached, as it has a large garage

Well good - that's exactly the way it should be! I'm always disappointed in those real estate shows on TV when they go around showing people all these houses and never even mention the garage! Heck, that's the defining criteria for me!

I've been scheming for a while now on how to build a giant garage/shop with small attached 1200-1500 sq ft apartment. I think a 2:1 ratio of garage to house is about right. At least as a minimum. but for some reason it seems like people always try to go the other way! Crazy I tell you!

Ghost
03-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Were this not a Donzi board, it wouldn't be worth noting that the singular of 'criteria' is 'Criterion.'

(For a long time, I owed Don one. Then it was even for a bit. Now he owes me one, and I'll have to be on my guard. :) )

JimG
03-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Barn must be larger than house... I think that is a man-rule, must be written somewhere...

Congrats, BTW!!

Donzi Vol
03-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Phil, I have some pretty big plans for decor. It will be exciting.

Trip, Anytime...come on. We can take the boats on the 10 mile run from our neighborhood to downtown Knox.

zelatore
03-01-2012, 09:50 PM
(damn, the grammar po po is on patrol again!)

Don't make me ask how the water was at AOTH last year....