PDA

View Full Version : Need info on an F23 W/A. Please help

frat
02-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Hi, My name is Mark and i just found this website. I 'm looking at a 1990 Donzi F23 W/A with the original Evinrude 225 on a transom bracket. This boat has been sitting on a trailer for the past 5 years. My main concerns are what i can't see. When i first found this boat i noticed that the drain plug was in. I removed the plug and water ran out the drain for about 10 minutes. Does this mean that i should walk away? Concered about the wood in the structure and the aluminum gas tank. Ther is no deck cover over the tank to really see in there. The owners not asking for much for the boat but i don't want get into this project if its not worth the effort. I would also like to know about the ride and sea handleing of this model. Other than the old motor and the water in the bilge the boat looks like it could be cleaned up real nice. Anyone have this model or familiar with it? Please give me a call with any info or advice. I'm going crazy not knowing what to do.

Thanks,
Mark
(925) 683-5416

Seacat
04-07-2012, 05:44 PM
I have a CC F 23 and the ride is very good. Best riding boat I have had. Wide beam helps. As to the transom water, my best thought is use a moisture meter to see what damage there may be.

Also, lots of info/threads on how to check using a brass hammer for the structure integrity (coin also works).

olredalert
04-07-2012, 08:06 PM
----Spend the bucks and get that puppy checked out by a professional. You wont regret the extra bucks spent no matter what he finds.........Bill S

Conquistador_del_mar
04-07-2012, 09:19 PM
I love my recently restored 23' center console fishing boat with a 250HP Merc. You would be wise to have a professional check it out like Old Red Alert (Bill) suggested if you are not knowledgeable enough to be sure of what you getting into. You might take someone who could restore it for you along to check it out since they might not even charge to bid the job (two birds - one stone). Bill

zelatore
04-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Frat - I see you have a 925 area code - I assume you're somewhere in the delta area/east bay of NorCal. If that's the case, give Brendon Schmidt a call at 925-934-5744 - he's a good local surveyor and won't BS you. Runs about $12/ft. Money well spent; I've used him dozens of times.

Heck, if you want I'd be glad to swing by and take a look at it with you; I'm up closer to Sacramento in Walnut Grove. Don't have anything special planned today....just a little work on the truck/yard work and watching the MotoGP race. I'd be happy to jump on the bike and go for a ride if the boat's in the delta.

Feel free to give me a call - 510-825-5056. I'll be around the house today and tomorrow.