PDA

View Full Version : 6 x2 =12

joseph m. hahnl
02-19-2012, 12:52 PM
I think 25< years is a good run for the rocker switches in my Minx.I've decided that double throw/single pole(DTSP) is the way to go.I bought qty5 ON OFF ON and qty1 (ON) OFF (ON). this gives me 12 circuits on 6 switches:wink:

Does this rocker look period correct?:kingme:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WKfp1hDNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B002IV8L2I/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive)

Straight up MOFO !:pimp: direct replacement!:fam:

VetteLT193
02-20-2012, 07:59 AM
how will you wire that up then? It seems that you'll have to choose between two things to run. Like... Do I want to turn on the stereo or the blower?

zelatore
02-20-2012, 11:10 AM
SPDT or DPDT are common for things like anchor/nav lights where you'll want one or the other, but not used too many other places on boats.

BTW, not sure what brand that is but it doesn't look waterproof. Not the end of the world, but be aware.

joseph m. hahnl
02-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Yes true I'll have to choose what will be on. It's mostly for interior lighting. Where certain things don't need to be on together . The bildge switch will have a hard wired backup pump .

These are Teleflex / Sierra Rocker, they are 100% marine rockers .They are also exactly what the Minx was equipt with from the factory:D .

I,m having trouble finding a DPDT in the soft spot illumination. Not sure how I,m going to wire the masthead with a single pole switch.

mattyboy
02-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Joe,

I think if you fiddle with a SPDT switch and a diode you can get it to work

wire 12 volts to the center pole with the masthead to one side of the switch and the nav lights to the other side of the switch with a diode from the two outer poles facing so it would block voltage flowing from the masthead pole onto the nav light pole

when switched to the masthead only position 12 volts flow to the masthead only as the diode blocks it from backfeeding the nav lights then when switched the other way voltage flows to the nav lights and also thru the diode back onto the masthead.