PDA

View Full Version : Removable Muffler on the Corsa Captains Call ?

99-28zx
02-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Hey i am wondering if the Corsa captains call system would have a inline muffler for when i have the exhaust "open". And if so is there a way to remove it so it is louder when open but the same when closed? Thank you

Mckillop
02-12-2012, 11:08 AM
The baffle is in the tip, and there is no way to remove it unless you have a machine shop cut it out. Best option in my opinion is to pull the tips and install some Hardin slash cuts which have a slip in/out muffler that drops dB's by 10.

oledawg
02-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Totally agree, I run 10" Hardin's with internal flappers and removable baffles on my 22C. However if you need "quiet", even with the baffles this is not what you want. The Hardin's look and sound great though :)

oledawg
02-13-2012, 09:13 PM
fixx: Actually I only ran the Hardin's with the inserts for about an hour before I took them out...hehehe, I LIKE the unmuffled sound and there are no restrictions on my lake. Inserts were not in when either engine blew. They DO have internal flappers so no need for the Salisburies. First blown engine was just plain worn out, likely close to a thousand hard hours, the second, I have NO idea other than it overrevved and broke a piston. The one that I am having built now has a little longer stroke and will have a rev limiter on it in case I get too happy with the throttle... Am also going to a different prop, a four blade Solas. Will try hard to be a good boy since a new engine per year is no fun :pimp:

99-28zx
02-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Hey thank you everyone i will keep that in my notes. Right now i don't have the extra money for them being i am working on a stereo system this year. I just thought if there was a easy way to change the existing ones i would do it.

badbird
02-15-2012, 05:46 PM
I have the same exhaust,but shorter ....curious to hear with the baffles out...didn't seem to loud when I tested the boat last summer.

I like LOUD :wink: