PDA

View Full Version : 1965-66 formula thunderbird junior

rculrich
02-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Registered User Join DateFeb 2012Posts2

hello everyone......just found this site yesterday......been browsing for hours.......i have one of the original 1965-66 formula thunderbird juniors....what to do with it.....restore or sell to someone who would.....i have read a ton of postings in the last 24 hours and there seems to be a lot of interest in these old classics....please contact me with advice or interest........rculrich1@gmail.com.........annapo lis maryland is my area.....thanks!

that guy1
02-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Some pictures would be nice :)

Ghost
02-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Hey, a fellow Annapolitan, welcome to the board. As noted, some pics would go a long way toward soliciting advice about restoring/selling/etc as it is so condition-dependent. Hopefully it's in good shape--cool boat with a real following, including some big fans here.

Regards,

Mike

rculrich
02-15-2012, 04:54 PM
mike.....still learnin how to negotiate this stuff.....interest locally would be great....would love to see this back on the water, severn? magothy? i bought it in 76? 77? maybe. it was a mess with a 4 cylinder cracked block...I don't profess to know a lot about boats, i just loved the lines.....had a 6 cylinder 231 buick junk yard motor put in it (rebuilt/restored), kept the outdrive it came with..omc maybe?...originally orange hull, white deck, orange center stripe.......repainted with dark silver hull and deck, black bottom and black racing stripe with candy apple red metalflake roll and tuck interior, driver seat was from an old mg.....same upholstery scheme on it as well...got married, opened a business and parked the boat years ago.hasn't been wet in 20+ years......needs a new owner who will restore to former glory......any replies here appreciated...have to get my kid to help with pics..........don't know how to do it....if i had my way, i would gut it and re-power, new interior and paint....hull is perfectly sound.

f_inscreenname
02-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Email sent.:)