PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL AOTH XII Thread-May 17-19, 2012

ITTLFLI
02-01-2012, 07:39 AM
We are all set to start taking pre-registration forms for 2012 Awakening Of The Horses!!! These need to be in before May 1st!:propeller:

Go to www.mwdonziclub.com (still working on some updates and typo's)and click on the link for the printable PDF pre-registration form. Print, fill out, and mail to the address on the form!

Hopefully all the skunkworks are in full motion:yes: and we will have the best AOTH yet!!!

We look forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully some new faces as well!

Team AOTH!!

Arriving Thursday morning.
22 Classic
Byron
Jill
maybe son Parker

X-18 Jet
Larry

roadtrip se
02-01-2012, 08:33 AM
The theme boat this year will be another hull that celebrates a rich Aronow legacy, the 20 Cigarette. We are looking forward to having several of these folks in attendance this year and they are honored and excited to have their boat featured at AOTH XII!

Sponsoring this year’s run will be the Donzi Marine Restoration Society and Precision Propellers. These folks contribute to the rally, so we may keep the entry fee low at $75 per person, which includes three dinners, an event t-shirt designed by Tamburello, tow boat service, and a chance to win a People’s Choice Award as voted on by your peers.

As most know that have attended AOTH in the past, this is a small performance boat rally celebrating the Aronow heritage. We run our boats up to about 100 miles per day. There are no noise police and no speed limits. There are safety requirements, including everyone must wear a life vest and the captain must use a cut-off tether. In addition, proof of insurance must be presented and all passengers must sign a release. All of this is to protect everyone that participates in this high performance run.

Please see the club web site at www.mwdonziclub.com for more details on the gathering. We suggest that you make your room reservations early, as they do tend to run out of rooms and we basically take the resort over! 1-800-830-5131.

Attached here and on the club website, you will find the registration for your party. It also includes the insurance and sign-off details. We ask that you get this in by May 1st to the Midwest Donzi Club, 2926 Augustine, Milford, MI 48381. After May 1st, the registration fee will be $125 per person, as we must notify the resort on counts for food and staffing purposes, and get event t-shirts on order.

Finally, the club counts on a memorabilia auction on Saturday night to make up the shortfall on funding and to build seed money for next year. Please plan on bringing something that might bring a little value, or a lot, to the rally. The auction is always a ton of fun and a great way to cap the weekend. This year, in an effort to shorten the length of the live auction, the DMRS has agreed to set-up a silent auction, so please plan on bringing down your items on Thursday night or when you arrive, so we may get things organized.

Finally, this run is about the people. There are a lot of folks that come every year and would not miss it. There are always a lot of new folks, too. I can’t think of a better way to get out from behind a keyboard, show off your boat, and meet the folks behind all of those handles out there on the web!

Get ready for a great weekend, and we will see you guys in the Spring!

Please feel free to post on this thread on your intentions to attend, so we know you are coming!

Team Jefe
02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
After being absent from last year's event for a VERY unfortunate reason. Team Jefe and The Red Bikini Crew are planning a dominate performance at this year's event.:yes:

Basically, I am shooting to regain our spot at the Top of the People's Choice Custom Ladder and have a really great time. Fair Warning HOTSHOT... Jefe is coming!!!!!:hyper:

Additionally, the Fraternal Association Of The Hawk will have several of our members in attendance. Supporting AOTH as we have always done. So Anyone who has a BH or is a Fan of the HAWK, please let me know as we will be having a membership drive. FAOTH.... Long Live the HAWK!!!!

RickSE
02-01-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm going to work on making it this year. The Jamestown Marina seems to be pretty large. I know some big boats have been there in the past but would there be any concerns at this marina with a 33'? I assume the ramp is large and the docks could accomidate a boat of this size? What's the water level supposed to be like this year?

BUIZILLA
02-01-2012, 01:23 PM
on this lake, a 33' is a dinghy... the houseboats average 80'

roadtrip se
02-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Rick, we keep our 370 Formula SS on a lift at Jamestown Marina. We have also launched and de-launched this boat at the ramp there, as well as witnessed several larger boats, including houseboats(as Buiz said), being put in and out. You won't have a problem with the 33 at all at JRM. You do need to mention the size of your boat when you call to reserve your slip, so they give you a bigger berth. Too early to tell on the lake levels. Hope to see you there.

RickSE
02-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks guys. Working on my dad now to pull his 33' over from Knoxville. The boat rarely goes out so he gets nervous with the thought of taking it to a new lake.

firstoffshore
02-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Looking forward to it. Coming down from Cincinnati.

RedDog
02-02-2012, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Rick SE - Saw your Dad last weekend at the Knoxville boat show. He had his immaculate Century Black Raven on display. What is it? A '66 maybe? Better than showroom new condition

PMZONER
02-02-2012, 10:41 AM
When I bought this boat, I was told that the AOTH was a must attend event, We will be there with the HAWK! :drive:

roadtrip se
02-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Rick, show this one to him. 33ZX sitting at the ramp a few AOTH's back. Nice guy, came a few times, but I think he sold the boat due to a lack of time to use it...

Team Jefe
02-02-2012, 11:54 AM
The El Jefe Eastern Kentucky Rustic Reort is booked and ready. Affectionately known to the staff at the "Stabbin' Cabin" :pimptwo:

RickSE
02-02-2012, 01:33 PM
RedDog, glad you got to see him again. The Raven is an incredible boat, almost better then his Donzi. :eek: I'm pretty sure it is a '66. He's been thinking about selling it to cut down his heard.

Thanks for the pic Roadtrip.

I can get from Phoenix to Knoxville for $320 roundtrip which is pretty good so I'm gonna keep working on my dad to commit.

yeller
02-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Rick, if I can swing it, can I hitch a ride? I would love to make this event........if for no other reason than to show RT I can actually stay in a boat. (That comment might only make sense to RT. He witnessed a very unfortunate incident on his trip to :canada: :tongue:)

Seriously though, I would like to hit this event. I just won't know until April whether I can make it or not.

roadtrip se
02-04-2012, 10:49 AM
C'mon out Glenn, I have a yellow Lifeline with YOUR name on it...

Brad Lyon
02-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Three room cottage booked. Arriving early afternoon on Thursday

Brad
Kyle
Ashton

2003 Yellow 22 classic

roadtrip se
02-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Registrations are starting to come in. Talked to the hotel and they say rooms and cabins are booking up. Still plenty of space, but don't get caught, and fence sitters, go ahead and do it. If you have never been, this is one of the great ways to get the season started! Be here before you know it....

tylogans 22
02-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Reservations booked- looking forward to another great time.

Tyer, Logan and Gregg Wright and good friend Jim!!

22 Yellow Devil

Hotboat
02-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Hey guys -- I have a question. Roadtrip states in post #2 that the Cig 20 will be the theme boat this year. The Midwest site states that it will be the Donzi 16. Which is correct? Doesn't matter - it will be a fun time regardless. Room booked.

Ghost
02-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Wasn't the Donzi 16 last year's boat? Maybe that's leftover on the site from last year?

roadtrip se
02-29-2012, 10:13 PM
This year's theme boat is the Cigarette 20. There should be a few around, including some folks that haven't been before! Should be great.

Jerry Eisele
03-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Elizabeth and I are booked!!

roadtrip se
04-06-2012, 11:26 AM
So the hotel is almost booked and the slips are getting there, too! So who's coming and what are ya bringing? And, I know, I know, the check is in the mail!

Ktron
04-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Arriving Thursday late afternoon. looking forward to seeing the area and meeting everyone.

Daren

Brad Lyon
05-02-2012, 11:41 AM
I booked a three room cottage. However, my one son can not come. So, I have one room available if someone wants to stay with my other son and I. We can split the cost 2/3 and 1/3. I think the room is like $65.00 per night plus taxes.

gero1
05-05-2012, 12:03 PM
part of I24-I65 in nashville will be shut down every weekend untill aug for bridge work. for those of you leaving sunday morning and heading back south or west thru nashville please check your map so you can plan around it....its a mess here on the weekends!

i65

roadtrip se
05-15-2012, 11:12 AM
The weather is going to be sunny and 80 or so every day folks are here. We are headed out for a scouting mission this afternoon, but the lake reports I have been getting are that the conditions are very good and the lake is almost at summer pool already. It should be a great run! Save travels to those of you on the way and for those of you that may still want to check it out, we will take a late registration. See you all there!

RedDog
05-15-2012, 11:51 AM
I-75 south bound south of TN / KY border is closed

Interstate 75 Incident, Campbell County
Date Last Revised: 5/10/2012 2:16:53 PM CT
Description: Interstate 75 southbound in Campbell County - High Traffic Volumes - Special Event at EXIT 160: US-25W / JELLICO reported at 5/7/2012 7:00:00 PM and estimated to be cleared by 5/21/2012 5:00:00 PM (Eastern Time Zone). Southbound traffic is affected with all lanes closed.southbound traffic is being diverted, all truck traffic is detoured to state route 297, to state route 63 back to i-75 at exit 141. all passenger traffic is being detoured to hwy 25 to lafollotte and back to i-75 at exit 134.
Incident Start: 5/7/2012 7:00:00 PM
Estimated Clearance: 5/21/2012 5:00:00 PM

Ghost
05-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Looking forward to it. (Sadly, the Cig won't be done and will have to wait for Chattanooga as its first event.)

We will be arriving LATE Wednesday night.

roadtrip se
05-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Take 111 north out of Chattanooga.

Or take 111 off of 40 west in Campbellsville, TN.

Both take you into the LC area via 127.

Both routes will keep you off of 75 north of Knoxville and are more direct.

BUIZILLA
05-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Or take 111 off of 40 west in Campbellsville, TN. Todd, Campbellsville, TN is down by Alabama, east of Lawrenceburg..........

from the south, take the Jasper exit off I24, then east past Dunlap, north on 111 past Spencer-Sparta-Cookeville to the KY state line where it meets 127 on the west side of LC. If your pulling a boat you DON'T want to take 27-111 in downtown Chatt itself... if you don't mind initial tight twisties you can take 127 out of Chatt through the TN valley up past Crossville to where it meets 111...

from the east-southeast, take I40 west out of Kville to 127 north

tylogans 22
05-16-2012, 08:59 AM

Todd,
How did your scouting mission go yesterday? Were hitting the road Thursday around 4am, looking forward to seeing all the Donzi and Cig fanatics at Cumberland!!

Safe travels to everyone !!!

regards,
Gregg, Logan and Jim

22 yellow Devil
18 CVX Carleson Glastron

Team Jefe
05-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Wheels up in 4 four hours... well sorta, I'm "flying like a G6". So if anyone gets bored this evening, give me a call. I'm flying solo and could use the distraction to keep me awake:lookaroun: 713-825-2443

Map says 16 hours, say 4 hours sleep time midway... puts me at the Lake in time for lunch tomorrow.

roadtrip se
05-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the correction, Jim. I ment Cookesville, TN.
111 out of Chattanooga is a good road. 127 is a goat path.
Done both and still running 111.

Gregg, we were out for six hours on the Formula last night.
The place looks like mid-July. We are still going to have to
be careful for some debris here and there, but it looks really
good, so bring your speed prop!

tylogans 22
05-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Todd,
Thanks for the update, I only have one prop so maybe I can borrow one of your's in case I want to do a little testing!!

Water and weather conditions sound perfect!!

Gregg

Ghost
05-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Wheels up in an hour...

Inferno
05-17-2012, 08:07 AM
The weather is beautiful and the lake looks the best it's been in several years. Just remember this is a DRY COUNTY and the closest place is 100 miles away...

Ranman
05-17-2012, 01:38 PM
There are boats on the cam. Have fun everyone.

roadtrip se
05-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks everyone for making this AOTH the best one yet!
See you in Chattanooga.

Just Say N20
05-21-2012, 06:10 AM
Gregg, a little bird told me your boat ran extremely well at AOTH. Maybe there is something to yellow boats :)

Carl C
05-21-2012, 06:47 AM
Gregg's boat is fast. Wait til he gets the shorty and gets it dialed in.

tylogans 22
05-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Logan and I had a great time at this year's AOTH thank you MID WEST DONZI club for putting on a great event!! It was awesome running with all the fantastic Donzi's and Cig's. The weather and water conditions were absolutely perfect.

I want to thank Byron and the gang for putting a nice beat down on Logan Sat night needless to say he was useless to me on Sunday as he slept from James town marina until Michigan. Logan, did assist with changing the flat trailer tire about 30 miles from home!!

Thank's again MID WEST DONZI for a great event!!

Gregg and Logan Wright

22 Yellow Devil

Ghost
05-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Agreed, we had a ball, great to see everyone. Thanks to all the organizers for another great event. And thanks to Phil and Leesa for the sweet rides in the Z-25. Good times.

Mike & Lisa

tylogans 22
05-21-2012, 09:37 AM

Bill,
I must say your little birdie was fairly accurate, I believe there is something in Yellow paint it must be lighter and good for at least 1-2MPH.

Have a good day, hey when are you bringing your Yellow 18 to this event it's a great time and a great event.

Gregg

firstoffshore
05-21-2012, 11:58 AM
First-class event. It was great to be with so many people who share the same performance boating lifestyle. The weather cooperated and we really had an incredible time. Thanks to all.

Tom & Michelle

Ktron
05-21-2012, 01:44 PM
A HUGE thank you to all involved in putting on the event and all the very nice people we met while attending the AOTH 2012!!! Todd, Byron and all were first class to say the least. My buddy Dave and I had so much fun meeting everyone and talking boats. We look forward to returning again soon and it looks like I may have to bring the wife next time:kingme:. oh, and Gregg and Logan were hauling a$$ all weekend!

Daren

tylogans 22
05-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Daren,
Thank's for bringing and running your amazing boat, Logan and I enjoyed running with you, it's nice to see somone with an Illmore in boat bring it to a rally and run it hard the way you and Dave did all weekend.

Hope to see you again next year!!

Gregg and Logan

22 Yellow Devil

ITTLFLI
05-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks to everyone who attended this years AOTH!

The people, boats, weather, and water were awesome! :shades:

I think we have some great pictures coming. :pimp:

Byron

roadtrip se
05-23-2012, 10:21 AM
-Rookies, we all have to be one some time. You will be bitten by the performance improvement bug, an incurable virus. I saw it multiple times this past weekend and felt it, too. Never ends.

-A “stock” looking 18 Classic can break 90? Really? But, where the heck did he stow a laptop on that thing?

-The windshield on a 22 Classic is an aerodynamic impediment. Taking it off or not ordering it in the first place is good for five miles per hour. Bringing your teenage son to ride with you is good for another five miles per hour. I know as I saw yellow all weekend. Truth? The new IMCO had a lot to do with it, too.

-Yes, Tom does know where he is going during the Fun Run. And, my ribs still hurt from laughing at, or is that with him, at the auction Saturday night, as they did break the mold when they crafted FishinSucks. Thanks everybody for your participation. And congrats Tom on your Spirit of AOTH Award, you deserve it my friend.

-Congrats to all of the People’s Choice award winners. Nothing better than being recognized by your peers for the blood, sweat, and tears that go into these boats. Truly amazing and I commend the imagination and finesse that these boats exhibit.

-Phil makes a pretty mean raft-off salad. And the Cigarette crew really brought it this year. Thank you, guys. Just awesome. If all we have to do to get the 20 Cigs to come out of the woodwork is make them our theme boat, then I vote that we make them the theme boat for AOTH XIII!

-I wonder if the characters back in Harmon Creek on this upcoming holiday weekend will be able to figure out what that “AOTH XII” means spelled out in rocks up on the shoreline? Nope.

-Sun and temps in the 80’s and fantastic water conditions. Yep, we ordered it. And not one breakdown tow. This has never happened before. Are there planets aligned somewhere I don’t know about?

-Okay, a bimini is acceptable on a bright yellow, Donzi deck boat in the hot sun. And did I mention that all of that yellow is really easy to find on the water as a photo platform?

-It is about the people. It is about the people. It is about the people. Thanks to all of you that came out and participated in one of the best AOTH runs in years. Tell a friend that found a reason to stay home, and lets do this again next year!

ITTLFLI
05-23-2012, 01:00 PM
some proofs of the pics posted at link below. let me know if you want the high res version.

http://www.sigmamotorsports.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio4/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Trail_Runs_-_Boat_Trips_-_Events/Boating_Trips/Awakening_of_the_Horses/2012

Ktron
05-24-2012, 07:40 AM
Cruizin

Ktron
05-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Jerry's beautiful 22 Classic!

Ktron
05-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Phil's 20 Cigarette