PDA

View Full Version : New Sta-bil product

Ed Donnelly
01-21-2012, 03:06 PM
NEW! STA-BILĀ® Ethanol Treatment

Perfect for use in cars, trucks and small engines!
Prevents corrosion
Helps remove water from Fuel
Cleans fuel injectors, carburetors and intake valves for better, overall performance
Recommended for use at every fill up

silverghost
01-21-2012, 04:12 PM
You mean they have a NEW overpriced miracle~~~

"SNAKE OIL" product ?:eek:

Use at every fill-up ?

Yea~~Right
I'm really gonna do that.
:eek:

Wouldn't it be easier, better, & cheaper to get those clowns in Washington DC, that we all voted for, to take this ethanol crap , that is causing everyone billions $$$$ in engine, & fuel system damage & failures, out of our USA fuel pumps ?

Morgan's Cloud
01-21-2012, 05:26 PM
**Perfect for use in cars, trucks and small engines!**

What if your car or truck just happens to have a 'big' engine ?

And is it no good for boats ,bikes , tractors , portable gen sets,etc ? :nilly:

(No attack on you Ed .. :wink:)

Ed Donnelly
01-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Sta-bil is just jumping on the band wagon because of the Ethanol proposed increase .
They still have all their old standbys...........Ed

justleft
01-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Umm. The stuff that absorbs water out of gasoline is alcohol (hydrophilic) . We used Heat when I lived in the
frigid north. Just alcohol of one form or another.

You could smell it driving behind someone that dumped that extra bottle of Heat in the tank on those
really cold days in Mn. If they used enough you would get a buzz when stuck in rush hr traffic.

The ethanol in gas has already taken on as must water as it can hold just out of the gas station tanks.
You need to kick in that extra blast to get the rest....

Why don't we just go to an alcohol based fuel and then let alot of US based business do conversions.
This back door way into it is just BS !

OFFSHORE GINGER
01-21-2012, 07:51 PM
:toilet: Hey guys Ethanol absorbs water like a sponge like stated above ....... so why waste your money on a flim - flam product or even consider it ?

VetteLT193
01-24-2012, 09:48 AM
I have been using the starTron stuff. seems to work, haven't had any problems.

I haven't had problems with my lawn equipment either but I do put marvel mystery oil in my gas tanks for other reasons so that might be why.

I don't use my boat enough to justify being cheap and not putting some sort of ethanol treatment in the fuel.

Fishermanjm
01-24-2012, 03:00 PM
i have been using the ethanol treatment and stabilizer with every tank fill on both boats for a long while. The ethanol treatment has been out for a while now, i used it in my outboard prior to using it in my classic, also in all the yard equiptment,,, IMO the stuff works