PDA

View Full Version : Going to a larger trim tab. Need advice

Mckillop
01-16-2012, 12:44 PM
My 25 ZX still has the tabs that came standard on the boat. They are a dual ram 12"x9". I could be mistaken, but I believe they are a Trimmaster tab, or at least the pump is. Anyways, I have the opportunity to upgrade to a nice set of used 12"x16" Bennett Sport Tabs for cheap. Tabs work and look great and would include everything in the kit. My question is, would there be any benifit going to a larger tab on a 25 ZX in a mostly stock application? I am considering a ProCharger in the future, but not 100% sure I am going to go that route with this boat. Ideally, I would like to use the same pump that is currently on the boat and only switch out the tab planes; or if I needed to I could switch out the rams as well. I just don't want to be drilling more holes on the transom if I can help it.
Bottom line, would this mod be worth doing, or is the money better spent in other places?

Conquistador_del_mar
01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
I doubt that the Bennett ST-16 rams will mount in the same location as what you presently have so you would probably have to fill the holes. I think it would be a good upgrade, but it depends on how much work you want to put into changing them out. My two cents. Bill