PDA

View Full Version : The Chattanooga Gorge Run!

The Hedgehog
01-13-2012, 09:52 AM
This run will be held June 14-17th as well. I know that it is the same weekend as the Dust Off but it will provide those from the Central and SE areas of the country with a nice little weekend trip. It is not really a competing run but a nice alternative.

That being said, all are invited. Last year we had people from the Northeast, South Fl, MidWest, Upper MidWest, South Central and West. This is kind of a laid back grass roots event. Everyone pitches in and the food is AWESOME. The only rule is.....there are no rules. :shocking::yes:

Think wide open running in a spectacular gorge. Hitting some fun restaurants in downtown Chattanooga and then taking another great ride. A nice lunch run down to Alabama complete with a lockthrough. Nice warm water. A great raft up. All the runs are long with 37 miles being the shortest leg (We arrange for race gas). Really good food. A band or DJ at A-Dock. Bushwhackers and Beer!

All boats are welcome. We have those that race at speeds of 80 to 90 all the way to town and those that cruise along at 40. Last year we had an air out session on Sunday. I will get some pics of that. Great photo op!

Book it now! We currently have lots of openings in the cabins. You can rent a floating cabin and park your boat out front or back. We have covered slips for overnight. Regular Cabins as well. Halesbarmarina.com is the location. Drop me a pm with any questions.

Basically it is :party::eek::smileybo::drunk::rock: Everyone leaves smiling and can't wait to come back

BUIZILLA
01-13-2012, 10:31 AM
i'm in.. :kingme:

there may very well be a Centerhill Lake warmup right before this event... :pimp:

Sweet Cheekz
01-13-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm in and I'm bringing three donzi's minimum

Great time

Parnell

PMZONER
01-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Sounds like a great time, I've been wanting to run on that lake every time I cross the bridge on 24. At least one B.H. will attend! :yes:

BUIZILLA
01-13-2012, 02:55 PM
www.halesbarmarina.com (http://www.halesbarmarina.com)

I just booked 2 RV spots for me and fuzzy, they have more openings..

we are bringing at least 2 boats, 2 Harley's, and 2 RV's

the Thurs. lunch run is about 110 miles roundtrip, with a 52 ft lock drop :)

the proposed Friday all day run will be about 150 miles and a lock drop...

the Sat. lunch run is about 72 miles..

the Sun. raft-up/run is at leisure, but 90-100 mph fly by's are encouraged

Buddyc
01-13-2012, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]
I hate to even ask but is this a place we can come to even if our boat isnt ready yet? Or maybe that would be torture!:confused:
The floating cabins look sweet!

Jraysray
01-13-2012, 06:09 PM
I was watching one of those Ghost Adventure shows and they did a story at that marina. Said something about Indians haunting the place. I just kept wanting some shots of the water to see where you guy's play.

Inferno
01-13-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm in and hopefully my 22 will be done ...

roadtrip se
01-13-2012, 11:10 PM
by a group of people called A-Dockers...

People who don't take themselves too seriously, people who like to laugh, eat, and party, and people who welcome the Donzi crew with open arms and a small bit of abuse just to let you know that you are now part of the hometown crowd and deserving of it! It is a scary bunch. The boating is awesome, the atmosphere is beyond relaxed, and attitudes are left elsewhere or run back to the highway. Pretty much sums it up. And, oh BTW, the sandbagging runs at a higher level of execution and professionalism than I have ever seen at any other Donzi event, almost an art form at this point.

We'll be there and of course, everyone is welcome, boat or no boat...

Jraysray
01-13-2012, 11:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gDKhDEwB_8

roadtrip se
01-13-2012, 11:22 PM

or so. And I thought, is this a comedy? The only time I ever saw something strange at Hales was after I might have had one too many custom martinis with the Hedgehog after an awesome day on the water. Weird.

Jraysray
01-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Like I said Hales Bar got some boob tube time! Bravo... If you watch further the floating cabins are in there. Pretty cool. Maybe you can do a ghost hunt poker run.

Donziweasel
01-14-2012, 05:53 AM
I am in as usual.

Parnell, you can only drive one Donzi at a time. I will drive one for ya if I don't have my own by then..... :)

Sweet Cheekz
01-14-2012, 08:15 AM
DW You are an amazingly giving and thoughtful man but the three Donzi's wont be mine since I dont have three Donzis nor three trucks to pull them. (Phil L I am not with my double decker trailers)

I meant I am dragging other Michiganders down with me and they would be bringing their Donzi's
You could purchase one of my Donzis and I could then have it delivered for you then I could run with you :yes:

Just sayn

Parnell

Donzi Vol
01-14-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm in along with the 40 mph boat :lookaroun:. Can I go ahead and reserve my usual bunking spot?

As for the joint being haunted, I'm pretty sure that sketchy Indian ghosts would be less paranormal than some of the stuff that I've seen happen at Hales Bar.

It's a good time...looking forward to it.

Donziweasel
01-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Parnell, you are right, I was just trying to help with my giving and thoughtful nature. There was no benefit to me at all. I hate driving amazingly restored Donzis. Boy, I am glad I am off the hook....... :)

See you in Chatt!

gero1
01-14-2012, 07:01 PM
are non donzi slow boats welcome?

BUIZILLA
01-14-2012, 07:50 PM
are non donzi slow boats welcome? bring it dude :yes:

Ghost
01-14-2012, 08:52 PM
My boat's slower than yours David.

BUIZILLA
01-14-2012, 09:29 PM
if you 2 guys leave at daybreak, you'll be fine :)

Donzi Vol
01-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Haha. We'll get a head start to clear a path for the rest of you guys.

The Hedgehog
01-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Yes! Most of the paranormal stuff is at A dock. I did see a ghost with SE one Sun night. Donlop found Carliss napping in the cemetery one night, but that is another story! The A dock crew is pumped. They were not happy that the marina raft up happened during our run last year and vow to make this one even better. It will be off the hook.

The Hedgehog
01-15-2012, 08:12 PM

Thanks for the call Robbie! Yes, you need to be there!

Sweet Cheekz
01-15-2012, 09:39 PM

Heck the dude putting this shindig on drives around in a beek boat except when his donzi buddies show up

Thats what I've heard anyways

Parnell

The Hedgehog
01-16-2012, 08:02 AM

I just try fit fit in Parnell! It is tough! Lol

Cruiser, Donzi, Whaler, Beak Boat! Maybe I will get a sailboat next to take this identity crisis over the top!

tylogans 22
01-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Morning Everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that I called Halesbar Marina this AM to make reservation and I spoke with Bridget she asked me if we had an idea of how many cabins this group of outlaw's would be needing because she thought we could get a better rate if we could provide them with a number and a contact who is leading this cast of characters.

thanks,
Gregg
(tylogans 22)

22 Yellow Devil
18 CVX 18 Carleson Glastron

The Hedgehog
01-16-2012, 08:23 PM

Tell Bridget to call Bill Patterson. She knows me. I wanted to get a few cabins booked first

Sweet Cheekz
01-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Hedge If you turn next year into a sailboat race to Alabama I'm out!

Parnell

BUIZILLA
01-17-2012, 06:25 AM
Tell Bridget to call Bill Patterson. She knows me. I wanted to get a few cabins booked first I spoke to Barry last week, and he definately knew everything going on.. Phil needs to call him and get RV spot #4, fuzzy and I have #2 and #3.... a squatter took #1 for the entire summer...

The Hedgehog
01-17-2012, 08:06 AM
:party:[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

I was actually going to do it as a raft race or maybe even just a flotilla!

The Hedgehog
01-17-2012, 08:08 AM

That is good news on those spots. I am hoping that it is at least the same squatter from last year. They were nice to Roger

tylogans 22
01-17-2012, 08:55 AM

I just talked to Bridget and she will be calling.

Ghost
01-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Phil needs to call him and get RV spot #4, fuzzy and I have #2 and #3.... a squatter took #1 for the entire summer...

That is good news on those spots. I am hoping that it is at least the same squatter from last year. They were nice to Roger

Ditto that. They were very nice and they always gave good banter when I walked by, drunk-Curt-Gowdying their corn hole game.

The Hedgehog
01-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Shirts and Hedgehogs for everyone!

roadtrip se
01-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Speaking of squatter's rights, I'm looking for the bunks in the bow on the Roamer. Now where is that title for the SE?.. Something tells me that Cliff will claim the boat, if I can't produce it... better show with a 454mag installed just in case.

duckhunter
01-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Guys,

I am down in Huntsvegas, AL only a couple of hours from Hale's Bar. My wife and I and another couple would love to get in on the Donzi weekend if you guys wouldn't mind some company, because this sounds like a hoot! We bought a 21LXR last summer, so we'd definitely be in the running for the slowest boat.:boat: We would do our best to make up for that with a big cooler and a lot of tiddlywink spirit... It would be great to meet some other Donzi fans, see some awesome boats & scenery, and enjoy a "grownup" weekend. I am intrigued by the bushwackers mentioned in other threads... My ulterior motive is to lay the groundwork to talk mama into a 22 Classic once our daughter heads off to college in 10 years. I suspect I will be firmly entrenched in bowrider land until then, but at least it is a loud stinky bowrider.

If you are good with new folks attending (and it sounds like you are from the traffic on here) please let me know if there is anything special we need to bring and I will book one of the floating cabins ASAP.

Thanks!
Chris

Draft packing list:
- Wife
- Donzi
- Beer
- Tunes
- Sunscreen
- Extra beer

The Hedgehog
01-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Duckhunter -

I don't think you will need anything else. We have had friends come without even bringing boats and they had a blast.

Ok, maybe more extra beer! Bushwhacker juice is always appreciated too. I will post that when the time comes!

glashole
01-27-2012, 06:28 AM
grown-up weekend?? :boggled:

apparently you haven't met the majority of thr people on this run

Team Jefe
01-27-2012, 07:52 AM
OK, been working the angles and trying to figure how to get there. The big issue for me is the boat..... to do this I have to fly in, I just have too many other things happening in teh summer to take the time needed to tow The Revenge over there.

So, Can I count on open seats for an excellent Deckhand, and Gas Card Provider?.... I think I know the answer, but have to ask.

Also, does anyone need a roommate. I'll be flying solo and would be good with sharing accomodations. Be arriving Mid-Morning Friday.

Thanks;

gero1
01-27-2012, 08:07 AM
i have a boat...... a brother of the hawk from the north thinking abooot coming down...... me boat, you boat, we boat!! brother of the hawk from the south driving... priceless!! will pick you up at nashville airport

glashole
01-27-2012, 08:12 AM
gotta think there is a couch in our spot as well

duckhunter
01-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Any weekend on the boat that doesn't involve screaming 8 year old girls is by default a grown-up weekend for us!

Haven't met anyone in the group yet, and to be honest my buddy and I are both socially inept cavemen. Fortunately our wives are awesome and we hope that their charm makes up for our knuckle dragging tendencies...

duckhunter
01-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Ok, got one of the 2BR floating cabins booked Thurs-Sun night. Looking forward to meeting everyone and running the snot out of the Donzi!

-duckhunter

Phil S
01-27-2012, 06:45 PM
...and wouldn't miss it. Making the call in the morning, but probably going to book both a floating cabin and RV spot #4 as well. Either way my freak parade ends up rolling, we'll swing by Lucipher's for some high-octane Bushwacker fuel. Just make sure those machines have had their propellers properly labbed / balanced before spring commissioning Hedge ! :nilly::yes:

BUIZILLA
01-27-2012, 06:53 PM
what RV ya bringin' Phil?

PMZONER
01-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Did a drive by of Hales Bar last weekend after spending the night in Chattanooga. Picked up my new tow vehicle in Atlanta, just didn't feel like making the drive back in one day. Talked to the managers still had cabins availible. :yes: This is a very cool stretch of river/lake :party: :drinkbeer:Is it still Jan?

Team Jefe
01-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Looks Like the Fraternal Association Of The Hawk is taking care of its members....just as it should. We are a small committee with the Donzi Community, but as you can see....we are very dedicated!!!

FAOTH..... Long live the HAWK!!!:yes:

LadyGrizz
01-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Not sure if I can bring a boat or not, but by gosh, I can bring bushwhacker juice and a gas card! Can't wait to see everyone again!

Donziweasel
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Bring the Critter Barb, I will run it for you and split the gas. It needs to be run. Not good for the engine for boats to sit. Plus, I can give ya a few pointers.

Thanks for coming to my moms memorial, meant alot. :)

Team Jefe
01-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Yeah baby....what John said!!!

The Hedgehog
02-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Zoner,

You should always drop me a line when in that area. I am at A-dock most weekends

BUIZILLA
02-17-2012, 10:20 PM
book it Danno :umbrella:

The Hedgehog
02-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Donzi's encouraged, others are welcome. I will probably take the Fountain to Goose Pond. I will be taking the x-18 to Chattanooga.

gero1
02-19-2012, 09:53 PM
haven't seen ya in three and a half days of sunday's...or is that supposed to be a month??? just make it happen!!! by the way i am really partial to green eyes

BUIZILLA
02-20-2012, 06:45 AM
Danny..... bring the 22.... bring Haver and Schumacher with ya too... :spongebob:

gero1
03-01-2012, 11:54 PM
when i tryed to book a room before xmas the girl told me they don't take res that far out to call back around april or may. called today and that girl has been let go, was told they take res a year out....booked

BUIZILLA
03-02-2012, 11:41 AM
good news Gero, you'll have a blast

sweet 16 1966
03-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Cabin booked but...

While standing on a sea wall Sat. I jumped onto the shore below -5-6'-(OK I fell)
Broke heel bone in a few places. Surg 3/9. Then 3 months- no walking. Sucks but I am still hopeful. Heck of a way to save gas. I stopped by the Marina 2 weeks ago and the girl said if we have 6 or more, we may get a discount:p

BUIZILLA
03-02-2012, 06:55 PM
I have 2 knee's that don't work so we can hobble together :smash:

Ghost
03-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Sorry, what a PITA. Hope surgery goes well in a week and you are quickly on the mend.

gero1
03-03-2012, 12:51 AM
last time i saw you your knees looked like balloons but you took your medicen well(it did work) do you have a flavor request.................

BUIZILLA
03-03-2012, 06:16 AM
raspberry...

with a pump :kingme:

gero1
03-03-2012, 08:58 AM
done deal! if your not afraid of needles i can get you an i.v drip, now that i think about it thats a pretty cool idea:yes:

BUIZILLA
03-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Robt... within the first 15 minutes of arrival, you'll CLEARLY understand why gallons and pumps are required.. :eek: :pimp:

sweet 16 1966
03-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Whats a little hobbling among friends. It will please me greatly to be able to make this event. What a great place to run Donzi's (or a Fountain)!

RedDog
03-04-2012, 08:15 AM
We're booked in a single floating cabin.

duckhunter
05-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Just bumping this because it's been a couple of months since anyone posted. My wife and I are fired up about the gorge run weekend! :party: Had the Donzi out a couple of times already to make sure that all of the winter repairs are working out. Knock on wood, she's running like a champ. Still have a couple of things to clear off the punch list, but overall the boat is ready. Lots of debris in the TN River and Wheeler Lake, but not nearly as bad as the same time last year after all of the storms. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing some nice boats in June.

dh