PDA

View Full Version : Virginia guys?

Tony
01-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Anybody have any general opinions of the Newport News/Hampton/Portsmouth/Norfolk/Virginia Beach area?

My son-in-law continues to research franchise opportunities, and this is one of the territories he is considering.

:lookaroun:

roadtrip se
01-07-2012, 10:29 AM
I worked for a division of my company that was based in that area back in the early 2000 time frame. I gave serious thought to moving out there. Spent a lot of time running the Chesapeke with Tuvell. The military influence stabilizes the economy and keeps the cost of living lower than normal. If you like the salt, the beach, and a relaxed atmosphere, it is a great place. Only fault I could throw at it is that it is hardly a metropolitan area, not easy to get to and not the big city in any way. I would track down Bryan, as he is still there for more G2.

Tony
01-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks, Todd. I remember meeting Tuvall at some early AOTH gatherings, I'll look him up and drop him a pm.

It's an interesting looking area...topographically and demographically. Checking it out in person is next on the list, and should happen soon.

:pizza: