PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Marine Update

Just Say N20
01-06-2012, 07:07 AM
I have been looking for exhaust for the 406 build I'm doing for my Donzi.

After reading many good things about Revolution Marine, I contacted them on 1-5-12, to inquire about their product.

Below is the response I got later the same day. Sad, because I had only read good things about their product.

Hi Bill,
VERY nice looking Donzi! Sorry to inform you that we no longer offer our exhaust systems for sale.

Thanks,
Gary Michalko
Revolution Marine Inc.

gcarter
01-06-2012, 08:03 AM
I think this is the position a lot of our favorite suppliers are in.
Maybe they'll all come back when boats are selling better.

BTW, they're offering some excellent values on oil and steering coolers on eBay.

handfulz28
01-06-2012, 08:38 AM
It's been a few years since they stopped making exhaust I think. Might be threads on OSO but I recall the EMI Thunder is nearly the same, perhaps even the same castings? That was the rumor IIRC...

CHACHI
01-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I have EMI's on my 22. I don't know if the are the same or not.

They fit nice with no issues and everything lines up.

They were on the boat when I purchased it.

Ken

Mckillop
01-06-2012, 10:16 AM
The EMI and Revolutions are similar but not the same. The Revolution's have a cast in dam in the riser to help prevent reversion. I don't think EMI does that. One issue you may have with Revolution is finding the right brackets to make them fit since Revolution is no longer around. Unless you might be able to use an EMI p/s bracket to clean the manifolds?
There are so GREAT deals on OSO right now for a couple pairs of Revolutions. I also know of another set of manifolds and risers for $400.

Just Say N20
01-06-2012, 10:57 AM
I saw some BBC manifolds, but I am looking for SBC stuff. Attachments are not a problem. Nothing is attached to mine. Everything mounts elsewhere.

There has been discussion that buying used manifolds is risky at best, so I am a little weary. If you knew of some SBC exhaust that you would feel comfortable buying, please shoot me a pm with the info. Thanks.