PDA

View Full Version : 1976 18' Donzi For Sale (Not mine)

Lively-one
01-05-2012, 07:57 PM
I talked to the owner of this boat back when I was looking for a boat and he is a great guy. He called me back today to follow-up and I told him I was no longer in the market but that I would post the ad on The Donzi Registry for him. His name, contact number, and asking price are in the ad.

http://www.myboat.com/myboat/listing-detail.aspx?id=19391

Lively-one
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

I am shocked this boat has not created more interest, and has not sold!
:confused:

DonziFreak
01-31-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm going to take a guess and say the reason has mostly to do with the color.... Plus, if the boat really is all that original.....might mean the original tank is still in there too....which is highly recommended to be swapped out at this point with that many years.

Lively-one
02-06-2012, 08:55 PM
All good points DFreak. The color could certainly be a hindrance but the fact that the color combo is unique should trip somebodys trigger out there. I don't know enough about the longevity of the gas tank under this, or any other circumstance, but nevertheless, it is a very clean and well-cared for one-owner boat with a nice trailer. I constantly stay abreast :smileybo:of Donzis for sale and this one remains pretty special in my book. I think this one and Ralph Crockers X-18, that has a similar brown/tan color scheme, are both uniquely cool and are reasonably priced boats. Those are my two cents with some change left-over.

superhatz
02-09-2012, 03:40 PM
I love that boat...

Lively-one
02-11-2012, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

You ought to buy it Superhatz! I agree and think it is really a unique Donzi for alot of reasons. If I had not been looking for a project boat I would have bought it for sure. I have not talked to Carl (owner) in a few weeks but I am pretty sure he would have emailed me if he had sold it. He is a very nice and reasonable guy...last time we spoke he even mentioned that he might be amenable to some sort of split payment deal to make it more financially palatable for the buyer.

woobs
02-13-2012, 11:21 AM
I don't think it's surprising.
The right person will come....It's just not everyones cup of tea.

It's also in too nice of shape to be messin' with, and at that price there are many boats available for less that someone can afford to personalize and not feel bad about doing it.

This is a GREAT boat for the right buyer!

Lively-one
03-26-2012, 07:33 PM
I just received an email from the owner and he says this boat is now sold...he asked me to post this on this thread. So, another beautiful Donzi found a new home!

Buddyc
04-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Its on E bay for 30k
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-VINTAGE-MINT-CONDITION-1976-18-CUSTOM-DONZI-CLASSIC-SKI-BOAT-AND-TRAILER-/200741581360?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item2ebd217230

Lively-one
04-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Wtf...I guess we can only assume the guy who bought it is trying to flip it for a profit. Wierd deal.

Lively-one
04-22-2012, 02:59 PM
In response to the post by Buddyc, and due to my own curiosity, I contact the owner on this Donzi to see what the deal was. To make a very long story short, a prospective buyer from Florida who sent him a 10% deposit backed out of the deal. The buyer and seller reached an agreement on price, somewhere below $20,000, and the buyer wired a 10% deposit based on that amount to the sellers bank account. The buyer later saw the boat offered at a "mid winter price" on another listing and wanted the seller to sell the boat to him, after they had agreed on a price and a deposit had been received, at the lower winter price. The seller would not do so for obvious reasons and the buyer reluctantly agreed. The seller said the buyers attitude deteriorated from that point forward.

The seller agreed to have the boat at a boat service facility and both buyer and seller agreed to meet there. This would mean that any mechanical or service oriented questions could be responded to or checked out by certified mechanics. So, all above board and transparent as one would expect from this guy selling this boat. Upon the arrival of the "buyer" the seller said he was very stern to the point of being rude, "dogged" the condition of the boat at every turn, and completely ignored the comments by others..."amazing", "classy", and other unsolicited remarks within ear-shot of him. The buyer said he did not "like the boats condition"...not that its condition was different than described or relfected in the pictures. Since it was clear to the seller and everyone else present that the buyer was simply trying to get out of the deal or wanting to negotiate the price down, even after they had previously agreed upon a price, the seller refused to return his deposit.

As far as the ebay ad for $30,000...it had a buy it now of $30,000 with a minimum bid of $20,000. The seller had hired a Sellers Assistant from ebay and they even came to view the boat. At that time they said it should be listed for much more and that is where this $30,000 figure came from. Since this boat was for sale over a period of many months there were listings/ads circulating anywhere from $15,000 to this more recent "$30,000". Upon seeing the ebay ad yesterday it seemed to reflect a lower sales price.

Since the time of inspection and refusal this "buyer" has campaigned to initimidate, threaten, and disparage the seller. He even went as far as to contact and threaten the ebay Sellers Assistant. This "buyer" also created a Craigslist ad claiming the boat as a "SCAM" and a fraud conceived only to steal deposits. The seller has hired an attorney to deal with this "gentleman".

I have no connection with the seller but he and I have talked on the phone numerous times and have exchanged emails and, in my opinion, he is of good character and honest. I only helped him list the boat here as a favor and I received no compensation or commission for doing so...it was simply one Donzi enthusiast trying to help another. If the "buyer" from Florida happens to frequent this site I welcome him to illustrate for everyone what occured from his perspective. In the mean time, anyone considering this boat should ignore any bad press where it involved this boat and this seller. It is cearly not a scam and is completely above board.

boats74
04-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Now listed with a starting bid of 10k. Bizarre.. :boggled:

lars
05-13-2012, 04:17 AM
Bump for a gorgeous boat with an owner who's obviously so far haven't met the right buyer

for this serious gem. Best of luck, this boat deserves a classy caretaker.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1976-Donzi-18-2%2B3-322321

Ad Video link; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdX1QCC1nM4&hd=1

lars
05-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Back on eBay. Best of luck to seller. She's a lovely boat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-VINTAGE-GREAT-CONDITION-1976-CUSTOM-DONZI-CLASSIC-18-2-3-SKI-BOAT-TRAILER-/200759840839?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item2ebe381047