PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Present

Sweet Cheekz
12-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Had a great christmas but couldnt fit this under the tree so we picked it up and brought it home yesterday

:)

Parnell

Just Say N20
12-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Words fail me. . . . .

We will have to get together next summer. I can't believe I have never been in ANY of your awesome boats.

Sweet Cheekz
12-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Well Bill Now I dont need calm water to run to White Lake

Parnell

smidgen too
12-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Parnell Nice :yes:,,, Good to see there are more fleet owners out there..:nilly:
Mark

Dave911
12-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Nice! 28 Saber?? Looks too big to be though...d911

Buddyc
12-31-2011, 10:13 PM
As I said earlier, Great boat and wish you all the luck! Let me know if I can ever help if you decide to change the graphics and paint job... I would be more than happy to help :)

Conquistador_del_mar
01-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Parnell,
What details can you give on the new boat? With the triple axle trailer, it must have some real size. Twins or single? Model? You and I are adding a boat at the same time, but buying at this time of year makes sense with the discounted pricing - plus you can get it like you want in time for the new year's season - right? Bill

Sweet Cheekz
01-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks Guys
Bill Its a 1997 Saber Marine 28' with twin Merc 502mpi's It has all the goodies I like, hydraulic steering, full cabin, swim platform good trailer captains call exhaust ect Bone stock and it runs 80. It runs very nice in rough water which I have in my home port in Grand Haven, MI Lake Michigan gets a little bumpy for the donzis and I really like twins when its rough Plus it lets me make some more big boy poker runs even though its a small boy. Plus I get to teach my wife how to throttle without worrying about blowing drives or killing us. :eek:

I can go for a summer as is if I decide. I will eventually repaint, add a few touches to the upholstry and redo the gauges and gauge layout but I have to finish my cruiser first. If I have any time or money left this spring I will do those changes then otherwise its next winters project.
Thanks Buddy for the offer Ill let you know when I decide to start the process.

Bill what boat did you just add?

parnell

Conquistador_del_mar
01-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Wow! It sounds like it has all the good features. I also bought a 28', but it is a single engine Warlock. Here is a link to it. Congratulations! Bill

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?64675-29-Foot-Wave-Crusher-24-Degree-V-Not-Mine&p=618574&viewfull=1#post618574

Sweet Cheekz
01-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Sweet ride Bill Not sure how I missed that Cant wait to hear how it compares to the Martini.

Parnell

scippy
01-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Hey P,

Great way to start off the year!......turn key all the way!!

MDonziM
01-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Parnell,

Nice looking boat, congrats. I don't know anything about Sabers, where were they built?, 80mph stock sounds pretty sweet.

Good luck with her - Marshall

Sweet Cheekz
01-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks Marshall
They are built in Grand Rapids actually They have built 22 28' boats some 24's, a 34 and they are in the middle of their 5th 41
They are well built boats that ride nice, a bit outdated with dashs and interiors but thats easy to fix I just dont have the time to get the magnums done within the next two years with another project I have so I went this route.

Parnell

Sweet Cheekz
01-03-2012, 03:06 PM
A couple of in water pics

Parnell6946869469

scippy
01-03-2012, 03:34 PM
P....................."You'll never get to that magnum if you keep coming up with & putting beauties like this
ahead of her!"
I like it alot!..................24 degree Deep V..I suppose.....looks to be 8' beam....any special layup used on
the saber build?........Was this a matter of being in the right place, right time -or- you always wanted one?

Sweet Cheekz
01-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks Scippy

Its an 8 footer with a 26 degree variable deadrise. Rides like a much larger boat in rough water I actually had a 41 saber and one of my best freinds had 2 28's so I have hundreds of hours on sabers They are remarkebly well built being as they are basically a family run local company that built them for the great lakes. All vinylester resins, cored with a lot of beef where it counts The guy that built all those sabers is the guy that did my glasswork in the tricky areas I didnt have the skill for like my fairing on the 21 Hes been building boats for over 25 years and really is good at what he does. Ive know about the boat forever and two of my freinds have owned it I am the fourth owner and it was just a fair price for a good low cost offshore option. It has 450 hours of rough water boating and not a single stress crack anywhere
After all these projects I really need to put in a few hundred hours this summer of boating between the donzi trips, wave bashing on this one and cruising on my Chris. I will get back to Plum Crazy when I take a year off to boat.

Parnell

RickSE
01-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Parnell, Can I be the fifth owner when you're done with it? :)

dammmagnum
01-05-2012, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Hello Parnell
Congrats on your super Christmas Gift,, really nice looking boat

I had talked to Doug back in the mid 80s about a 28 race boat.
always thought they were very well built boats

Great find for you

Thank you
Jim