PDA

View Full Version : Molding Questions

Eugene Nahemow
01-12-2004, 01:18 AM
Does anyone know the supplier for the aluminum "L" molding that trims off the bottom of the dash on the 18 classic?

Also what is the size of the stainless rub rail molding on the 18 classic? Is there a Taco stock #?

Thanks.

oldLenny
01-15-2004, 07:29 PM
Rub rail kit from Taco is # A11-0151TAL12D. 3/4" is what you want for the 16/18. It is polished aluminum, with clear anodize. #8 screws. TAL6-1 is the 6' length. The above mentioned one is in 12' lengths. You need four 12 footers to do the job. Email Scott Pearson for his method, I have done it, it works great. Or E-mail me or call.

As for the aluminum "squeeze on or pop rivet stuff, I can't find any,...yet,... but TACOs' flexible vinyl trim (over an aluminum extrusion) looks to do a decent job and I believe it is the same or very close to what is on the "new" boats. Look at their #V30-1005W25-1 in the 2004 catalogue.

Anyone know where to get the old aluminum "trim" for the underdash area and also used on the flat (a half circle product) for the perimeter of the inner cockpit bottom, well, 2-3 " up from the bottom, on the Ski Sporter?

Forrest
01-20-2004, 11:11 AM
John Harmon, the original owner of Bilt-Rite, told me that the underdash aluminum trim as well as the trim on the back of the original 16 driver's seat, is aluminum trim that was used on the edge early 1960s Formica type kitchen counter tops - which is no longer available for obvious reasons. You will need to come up with a substitute.

Eugene Nahemow
01-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the info. :)