PDA

View Full Version : Chris~craft silver bullet 20 le

silverghost
12-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Has anyone seen the new 2012 Chris~Craft Sliver Bullet 20 Limited Edition ?

There seems to be quite a bit of Riva & early Donzi Hornet design influence elements in this luxury Limited Edition speedboat design.

What do you guys think of this boat ?

zelatore
12-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Beautiful boat to be sure. I'd seriously consider one if I were looking for more of a run-about instead of a performance boat. I've only given them a superficial look though, and others who've looked closer say they are only average build quality. (RoadTripSE?)

Ghost
12-14-2011, 03:05 PM
I've looked at these (the 22 and 25 Chris models) up close a few (7ish?) years back. Given some of the details I noticed in a short time, I'd give them a thorough inspection if I were shopping for one. I found the ergonomics a bit lacking in the seat shapes and sizes, which seemed ridiculous to me. And the seat bottoms that serve as lids for the storage should really be piano-hinged or something. PITA to use, and potentially could get lost. Things like that. Style great, function less than that. My less-stylish '99 Cobalt was much better designed. It fit like a glove and most all the little details were right.

Structural build quality of the Chris? Not sure. I've learned a lot since then. And they may have changed or evolved. I know their 28 Corsair got an overhaul 2 years ago or so.

biggiefl
12-15-2011, 01:38 PM
That is truly a limited edition. I think only 80 are being built and about 50 are sold. Most are overseas sales for megayachts considering their $90k+ price tag. These are a bit different than the other models and hence the steep price. Again for that money you better give it a close look.

woobs
12-15-2011, 02:03 PM
I love the CC Lancer 20....it is a very close cousin to the limited issue specials.
If I were to sell my Greavette woodie, that would be her replacement!

As the lancer 20 is not a limited edition, they are much more available (and affordable)
Great boat.