PDA

View Full Version : cooling crossover

craigdskilling
12-12-2011, 07:12 PM
I have 383 with 400hp thinking of putting on the stainless marine cooling crossover system to loose some more weight.has anybody done this to a sbl and did they notice any hp gain.they say 15hp gain i dont think so but hp is good.I have sea pump on to bring in the water from the blackhawk drive so does it still cool well thanks craig.

mattyboy
12-13-2011, 06:39 AM
this is what we found on a chris craft 350. it was on a volvo 270 20 cig. the old logs and two pump setup was replaced with stainless marine risers and a cross over system. we lost what we figured to be 175 lbs between the two pumps and hard iron plumbing. the boat was a mid 50s 53-55 mph boat after the exhaust swap out with no other work done to the motor the boat was running high 50s 57-58. not sure if you will see that much as the newer exhaust are not has heavy as the old chris craft stuff.

also not sure on the bh cooling but this may help. the volvo is a gravity feed system no impellor in the drive the pump pulls water thru the drive and pushes thru the motor.there were no cooling issues on the 20 cig