PDA

View Full Version : King Cobra Service Manual questions...

JayZ
12-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Before I go swapping out my KC outdrive on my newly aquired '93 classic 22 for a Bravo 1 I thought maybe I'd learn a little about what I've got and what it takes to keep it running well.

I looked and the service manuals seem to be available on Ebay. Is there one that I should be specifically looking for?

I know there are lots of been there done that types on this board so hoping someone will chime in.

Thanks,

dsparis
12-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I've got the OMC one, very comprehensive. P/N 507954. Think twice before swapping for a bravo, the later KC's are alot stronger.

JayZ
12-07-2011, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll look for it. The only reason I'd swap to a Bravo is because I don't have the tools/knowledge for the KC and I don't know if anyone around here knows how to service them. Truth be told I am a sailboat guy so have a lot to learn but I really always liked the classic Donzi! ...pretty much since I was a kid so here I go.

Now I just need to decide what to do with the 454...

XMETAL
12-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Jay if you need a manual, I can get you a new one.

JayZ
12-08-2011, 08:53 AM

might be too late since I put a bid on Ebay but if not, send me a message with price etc.

Thanks!

BUIZILLA
12-08-2011, 09:01 AM
there are basically TWO KC drives

whuch do you have?

hump or no hump?

JayZ
12-08-2011, 09:30 AM

This one, hump I think?: 69111

Dr. Dan
12-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Jay Z - Is that Charles Jackson old boat...? His hull was 11 digits off mine - super clean boat if it is...I would keep the King Cobra...until it breaks badly...

I still have mine...and it just got a serious power upgrade....again. Other than hydraulic Steering...its a super strong and reliable drive, Cone Clutch and a couple of Shift Cables is all I have done.

Effective X Dimension is higher than a Bravo also...so it runs well and planes well, drives flat...

Good luck

Doc of 2nd Chances :cool:

JayZ
12-09-2011, 09:40 AM

Dr.Dan, it is the same boat ....or was. To bring her back will take a little cleanup and of course either engine or drive work after I determine why it appears to be seized. I hope to dig in this afternoon and Saturday. ...I wii try to post some pictures at that point. If I determine it to be an engine problem I may try to reach out to you and learn what you did.

Fyi, hrs show to be 365 or so and the boat seems to be extremely sound and solid.

Cheers,
Jay

Dr. Dan
12-09-2011, 05:41 PM
I am reasonably familiar with that boat, it was originally from Ontario, Charles took awesome care of it...the motor use to be flawless.

Very clean boat...cleaner than mine an mine is immaculate....so its a nice find....

I will be happy to help you spend your money...warm up that Credit Card and Stash Some Ca$h....its gonna be a fun project....
:smash:
Good Luck

Too bad about the motor...

Danny Boy :cool:

JayZ
12-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Dan,

I'll post some photos eventually. It doesn't look like that anymore but I think I can bring it back. As for the motor if that is all it is I am OK. I bought it assuming some kind of repower. ...I'd enjoy a nice fresh engine with a few more ponies in there anyway.

I'll report back tomorrow what I am able to find out.