PDA

View Full Version : New (1993) Donzi classic 22 owner!

JayZ
12-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Hey all,

I thought I'd introduce the newest Donzi Owner on the board - ME!

I am the new owner of a 1993 454 OMC King Cobra Classic 22.

You can see the boat here in this thread from '06:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?42637-1993-22-for-sale/page2&highlight=king+cobra

Fast forward about 5 1/2 years from when this thread and when the boat sold last time and I am now the new owner of this Teal White Donzi. It has been sitting in a boat house exposed the salt air of the bay (under cover) so it doesn't look as good as it did when it was sold back in this thread . I think the gelcoat should buff out nicely and I'll repaint the stripe. ...oh yeah, and I think I am going to have to repower her. :eek:

I test drove this boat back in March and decided I wasn't ready or maybe it wasn't the right boat plus it was soooooo different than the 502 EFI Black Hawk drive boat I had driven the week before.

Last month the previous owner of drove the boat over to the shop under its own power hauled it out. He was planning on having the outdrive painted, fluids changed and just getting it dolled up and ready to sell. ... and when he called to check on it (3 weeks later) was told the engine was seized.

Well, I purchased it today assuming that I'll be doing some kind of repower. Wish me luck, feed me advice and I'll keep you all posted. ...thoughts of rebuilding the 454 maybe a 502 swap or who knows a LS-3. ...then again, maybe I'll be able to find some way to just fire this thing up. It shows about 365 hours I think.

Anyway again, wish me luck, feed me advice and I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers,

Jay

Tidbart
12-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Welcome aboard! I am sure you will get that boat back in shape. Hopefully without painting the stripe.

Best of luck with her.

Bob

maddad
12-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Good luck with your new boat JayZ!

biggiefl
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Any chance telling us the $$$? Where was it located?

JayZ
12-07-2011, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

The boat will live on Taylor Lake and spend time there, Clear Lake and Galveston bay. I bought it for a price that will allow me to repower it and not get hurt. ...came with an aluminum trailer. At this point, I'll keep the sale price between myself and the seller.

Thanks,
JZ

JayZ
12-07-2011, 05:46 PM

Thanks, I am planning on doing something like that this Friday or Saturday. I may still pull it out and tear it down in the near future even if I do get it running.

Jamesbon
12-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the Registry.

You're going to have a lotta fun driving that 22C!

Those King Cobra drives will take allot of HP and hold up well!

deyelm
12-07-2011, 08:20 PM
I hear you, I just picked up this 99 Donzi 22 classic with 350 merc MPI,cant wait to use it.Its sitting in my garage waiting for spring.....hmmm maybe I will tow it to FLA this winter......love these boats.Just upgraded from a sweet 16 to this 22.....absolutely flawless boat.See you on the water

biggiefl
12-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Nice ride deyelm, looks familiar.... 69112

Marvair
12-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey JayZ,

Sounds like you're in the Bay Area, there's several of us on the forum and run around from time to time when the weather cooperates. We have had a really good spring rally for the last two years so hopefully you'll be in a good place to join us. Welcome to THE SOURCE for information on your new accusition.

See you on the water.

Marvin.

JayZ
12-21-2011, 10:38 AM

P.M. Sent

Jraysray
12-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Taylor Lake? You are in the midst of us all here. Now catching us all at the same time is another story all together. I'm sure you have seen the Sullivan's at the red bluff side of the lake. Got a nice 16 and a even nicer 22 there at times. I got an yellow/white 18c. Tmann has a nice 22c custom graphic. Harbor master blue/honey 22c, Marvair has a BEAUTIFUL Shelby 22c, JimG has an award winning yellow/black stripe 18c, Sir Jeffe has the "fishhawk" you will have to just wait on that one, and a bunch more that come out on occasion. I think were in the low 20's when counted and that's the "Houston" area.

Hope to see ya around. Lots of people around to get that boat running. PM if referrals are needed

JayZ
12-21-2011, 05:02 PM

Scott, sent you a p.m.

JZ

Team Jefe
12-22-2011, 07:23 AM
JayZ, yes welcome to the madness!!!. Hope to see you out on the water and involved with our growing group of fanatics :wink:. seend us your contact info and we'll put you on "The List"

Me: 713-825-2443 teamjefe@comcast.net