PDA

View Full Version : A dream drive come true

MOP
12-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Dou prop Arneson, the flic is a little choppy but hang in until the end, this is the drive that Chris Allard was dreaming of. It sure will revolutionize things, surprised it has not shown up sooner looking at the date in the flic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSE0QFlooJA&feature=related

zelatore
12-06-2011, 07:58 PM
I seem to remember that coming up once before - maybe something George C linked to? I know he's familiar with Weissman, the developer. They're a serious R&D engineering company here in CA. Heavy into transmission design among other things, but I don't know if they actually do any production work themselves(?)

The shot of the props sitting there out of the water is just scary. Looks like the worlds most wicket Cuisinart just waiting for somebody to get too close!

zelatore
12-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Also, looking at the boat in the test run it seems to be running really flat. Product of the hull, or the drive?

Greg Guimond
12-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Hard to say but there is a lot of weight forward in that setup and the strakes look on the shallow side. Very cool rig, looks like it has the pneumatic spring seats?

gpapich
12-07-2011, 08:55 PM