PDA

View Full Version : Decathlon ?

Greg Guimond
12-02-2011, 05:23 AM
I thought this 25 year old boat was cool. 1987 Cigarette "Decathlon" 31. I have never seen one before and I'm not sure if they were factory built for OB power or if this was converted? I like the forward cabin idea, there for the occasional use or for locked storage but does not take over the entire hull.

biggiefl
12-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Factory as far as I know. Just about everyone started making O/B powered fishing go-fasts after Scarab had such great sucess with the 30' Sport. The one I never really liked was the Fountain that basically was a 10M with all the stuff removed from the bolsters back....really looked home made. Probably a classic now.

BUIZILLA
12-02-2011, 02:30 PM
that's a first for me..

NEVER seen one of those in an outboard

Morgan's Cloud
12-02-2011, 05:42 PM
I remember when that model came out .. I was like .. Yuck , a Cigarette with egg beaters ? ? wtf ...

Does anyone know who was doing their hulls then ? I think it's the same one as the Bullet and the bottom was a definite departure from what we had gotten used to from Cigarette .

MDonziM
12-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Kind of a strange looking helm/console imo. Pretty sure I saw this boat for sale recently on boattrader or ebay.

Conquistador_del_mar
12-02-2011, 06:49 PM
It is interesting, but I can't see how it would make a good fishing boat. Just my take. Bill

seano
01-25-2012, 08:35 AM
The center console Decathlon was built on the Bullet hull and is definitely a Cigarette and was definetly and outboard boat. I believe it was Craig Barrie who designed this one.

olredalert
01-25-2012, 10:08 AM
----Theres an old 28 Cigarette down at Ocean Reef near Key Largo thats an I/O but open with two consoles side by side and a small cabin forward. From what I remember, it needed restoration but was a complete boat on a lift in front of the owners house. Its actually better looking (at least to me) than the Decathalon........Bill S

BUIZILLA
01-25-2012, 10:13 AM
funny you mention the OC boat, I was down by there about 2 weekends ago, and it wasn't on the lift, it's been gone for a few months actually... there is a CC Roamer like Hedge's and also a Pace SF like Tex's tied up at the same dock now..

olredalert
01-25-2012, 08:23 PM
----Jim,,,That Roamer is dying a slow death, like everything else at that guys dock.......Bill S

BUIZILLA
01-25-2012, 10:01 PM
there is a ratty Decathlon hanging on davits in the Gables Estates canal, looks to have been abandoned at least 10-15 years ago