PDA

View Full Version : More...pictures..."The Ultimate"

Scott Pearson
12-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Here are more of the stringers and bracing set in. Also some beefing up of the seat tub.

Ohhh no....We are using wood!!!!:crossfing:

mattyboy
12-01-2011, 08:29 AM
I am glad you're using wood, in 30 years when I send you off in a viking funeral, the wood burns great and consistant that coosa ****e smells funny and gives off funky colored smoke plus you need permits for toxic waste a real pita .

progress looks good let me know when you need a hand drinking beer and eating pizza.

this boat was advertised as 70 mph boat in 66 with the power and abuse, it needed to be built stronger than a normal classic hence the coring. If any of you have had the deck off an early 16 or 18 they are real flexible. some of the early 16 with a very light hull layup had issues with newer bigger power that came a long a few years down the road. the bottoms could not hack it. the layup got stronger as they went along.

jl1962
12-01-2011, 08:50 AM
In the words of Mickey Mantle:

"If I knew I'd live this
long, I would have taken better care of myself."

You might stick around longer than you think.

But, on the other hand, if present circumstances change, I got dibs on the Pumpkin!

:wink:

Greg Guimond
12-01-2011, 08:04 PM
That glass work looks like perfect cursive...........:cool!:

scippy
12-01-2011, 10:31 PM
I agree, the work looks excellant.......is it the type of poly used that gives the stringers
that greenish look?..........It's so great to watch a rare boat taken down to the shell &
built back up correctly..................wish stuff like this was on "How it's made"

Scott Pearson
12-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Thanks guys....Its all polyester resin.

Ohhhh no.....we are using polyester resin...im sure there is something wrong with that old school stuff...:crossfing:

mattyboy
12-04-2011, 09:16 AM
ok so I am thinking why does lime green and ployester sound so familar
anyone who listened to the z100 morning zoo should know.

hello this is mr leonard ;)

Buddyc
12-04-2011, 10:03 AM
The cuts of the wood and cloth are perfect. Its a bitch to get the cloth cut right to fit the curves without buckleing and getting a nice tight fit...That is alot of work for any one man. For what it is worth , im using all polyester resin too. Keep up the good work!:yes:

Looped
12-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Lookin' good Scott!!

Craig

joseph m. hahnl
12-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Polyester and wood? Sounds like your slacks are to tight :wink:

Any Project updates? :lookaroun: