PDA

View Full Version : 383 W/ Warantee smoking deal

MOP
11-17-2011, 05:12 PM
It is a left over from last spring, no way can you duplicate this deal! Click on the link below and scroll to the bottom, even at $4,000 they were a very decent deal. We put up another warehouse and need to move stuff around, if this lasts more than a few days we have some brain dead members. If you call in the order tell them Phil/MOP sent you, browny points are alway helpful. Great time to buy your winter project engine, it has very good inards and polish aluminum valve covers hard for anyone to beat.

Phil

http://marineengineparts.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page349.html

biggiefl
11-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Must have sold...only the $2995 383 left(long block).

MOP
11-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Not sure how you came up with it is sold, it has not sold as of yet and yes it is a long block 383 needing only the external accessories added! Scot the harbor master agreed it was one heck of a deal!

Bobby D
11-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Phil,
Will this hook up to my Volvo SX?

MOP
11-19-2011, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

If you have a Chevy now it will bolt in, and all you accesories will bolt to it. If it is a Ford it would require a lot!

Phil

Bobby D
11-19-2011, 08:11 PM
It’s a blown Volvo Penta SBC 5.7 GSi, the reason I asked was the add says it must be used with Mercruiser Bravo or OMC King Cobra Sterndrive.

biggiefl
11-19-2011, 11:50 PM
You stated above it was $4k and a good deal. I was assuming a complete engine. How does $2995 make a $4k engine?

Ghost
11-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Biggie,

Apologies if I have this wrong, but as I read Phil's note, it sounded to me like he said:

it was a good deal even back when it was 4k
now it's down to 3k, making it a deafeningly awesome deal (okay, I added that last descriptive bit :) )
Hope I have it right, but that was my take on the gist.

As I view the page Phil linked, it looks like:

it is still for sale
it is third from the bottom of this page http://marineengineparts.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page349.html
Mike

MOP
11-20-2011, 07:19 AM
[ QUOTE=It’s a blown Volvo Penta SBC 5.7 GSi, the reason I asked was the add says it must be used with Mercruiser Bravo or OMC King Cobra Sterndrive. /QUOTE]

It is a simple swap for you pull yours strip all the external stuff bolt it on this one and drop it in, not sure why the best drive of the bunch was not in the discretion. Your SX will do fine, your only issue will be propping not much out there for testing.

Phil

P.S. biggiefl you do come as being a tad dense!

biggiefl
11-20-2011, 09:47 AM
I am a quasi perfectionist. Bad directions and vagueness do not work well with me. When you state click on the link and scroll to the bottom and mention $4k in one sentence I follow your directions. When I get to the bottom and there is no 383 much less one for $4k but 3 spaces up is a long block for $3k I "assumed" they were sold as you clearly stated you would be amazed if they lasted a few days. I guess I am dense and members here are brain dead....no biggie. As computer programers say...garbage in, garbage out.

MOP
11-23-2011, 08:53 AM
TTT

Take note it is the only 383 on the page!

biggiefl
11-23-2011, 01:23 PM
C'mon...just busting. Yes $3k is a great deal on a 400+hp 383 marine.