PDA

View Full Version : Hey Fixxall

Donziweasel
11-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Mike, lookie at what I found-

http://turbodynamics.mybigcommerce.com/4-stage-ecu-reflash-for-m1100-turbo/

It comes with a knob you mount on the dash with 4 positons. You can have your ECU flashed to whatever you want. Maximum on 91 octane pump is 264 hp! Or, with 114 octane, 310 hp! You simply turn the knob on the dash to whatever power you want. I really like the knock/detonaton sensor on it. If you gas is bad, or not enough octane, it will automatically reduce power to avoid detonation.

I spoke to them today and am having my done as so-

Position 1- Stock 177 hp
Position 2- 210 hp
Position 3- 230 hp
Position 4- 250 hp

What do you think?

Donziweasel
11-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Boost adjust stays intact. All this does is remap your ECU. I have been researching it over the last few weeks, found some guys running them on Z1 Turbos and love em. No problems whatsoever. Many switched from the Boondocker Hijacker becuase for some reason, when you pushed it past 210-220 hp with the Boondocker, the sensor retarded performance due to detonation, although there was none. Some even took them to Bikeman and D&D racing to try and fix it. Niether could do it or figure out why it was doing it.

I have been putting my own fuel maps into my EFI on my sleds since 2004. I am pretty good at tuning them. I have read about Turbo Dynamics and they got thier chit together. In the past, it might take me a month or two to really get my fuel maps fine tuned. Go too lean and it will run like a raped ape, till it blows up! Go to rich and fouled plugs and bad performance. I am kinda ready for a plug and play without a bunch of tuning.

Only problem is clutching. I will definetly have to put some more wieght in and probably a different spring. The stock helix is fine though.

Two weeks and counting........ :)

Donziweasel
11-17-2011, 12:39 PM
That is the beauty of the system, I don't have to tune it or input maps. All done for you. Plus, the maps are fat enough that you can put a can and pipe on it without any adjustments.

If I got anything for tuning, it would probably be EGT guages. It has always been easier for me to tune off EGT and visual plugs than AFM. Another thing I like about EGT gauges is you can tell if one cylinder is running leaner than the other. With the Boondocker system in the past, I could not only adjust maps for both cylinders, if I had one running hot, I could fatten just that cylinder up. They do have a gauge for the M1100 that does both though. :)

I use to tune the 2 stroke M1000 to around 1300-1350 EGT on each side at WOT. Be interesting to see what a turbo 4 stroke is at stock.