PDA

View Full Version : What is it about dogs!!!

Buddyc
11-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Just spent the last 2 hours burying my Choc Lab Mocha! HAd her for 10 years and were all a friggin mess! Jane and I bought her when we first started going out... she was like our first kid. She will be sorely missed. People who knew her loved her... There will never be another you... Angel is already looking for you... This really sucks

Ghost
11-14-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss. Had to do the same thing twice in the last two years. Very sad. -Mike

Carl C
11-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your "best friend". I've lived in the same home for 28 years and have a little doggy (and one cat) cemetery at the back of my property. Their lives are just so much shorter than ours. I still have 3 German Shepherds and 4 pups that will be ready to go in a couple of weeks.http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/patisblog/nicedoggy.gif

Buddyc
11-14-2011, 07:22 PM
There is nothing in the world like the love of a dog... To be honest, I would take a dog over most people!!!
I was carrying her to the truck when she looked at me and let loose a howl... Then she passed in my arms

maddad
11-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Sorry about your loss Buddy. Those dogs have a way of crawling right into your heart.

The Hedgehog
11-14-2011, 08:51 PM
She is upstairs with Frank, Leon and Olie. I agree 100 percent with what you say. Heck, I am visibly upset thinking abount it. Hell, I hurt too bad to even post a pic of Leon for months after he died.

My thoughts are with you. Yes, It hurts more than many people I have known.

Honor your dog, and get another when YOU are ready.

Bubba Dog
11-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Dang, Buddy, man I'm sorry for your loss. There is nohting like the unconditional love of a pet.

biggiefl
11-15-2011, 11:49 AM
My Sherherd mutt is going to be 8 in Feb. I think the same thing about "that day". I sure hope he is one of those who live to be 14/15 like my Wolf.

BUIZILLA
11-15-2011, 12:35 PM
we just lost our 15yo ****zu... rough couple days in the o'l homestead for the wifey

Ghost
11-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Sorry for your loss, Jim. -Mike & Lisa

Buddyc
11-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Strange feeling not having her meet me at my truck when I pull up... She is missed very much. Listened better then my kids :)

dsparis
11-16-2011, 06:37 AM
I know too well how you feel. R.I.P. Mocha

86fxst
11-16-2011, 06:53 AM
So sorry for your loss - "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." ~Anonymous

Buddyc
11-16-2011, 08:31 AM
So sorry for your loss - "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." ~Anonymous

Very well said....

RickSE
11-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Sorry Buddyc.

I had to put down our dog many years ago due to diabetes & swore I'd never have another dog after going through it. A few years ago my wife had heart surgery and said she wanted a dog. I reluctantly agreed so we now have two 3-year old Australian Sheppard that were born on my wife's birthday, Nov. 16th. One is currently in the hospital for what we thought was an intestinal blockage but turns out it may be Addison's Disease. He does seems to be recovering well now.

I asked my wife this morning what she wants for her birthday, she said...."My Dog". He's supposed to come home today.

hardcrab
11-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Sorry , Buddy - I've been there too.
I lost my lab, Sammy several years ago. It took this long, but just last weekend I got another best friend from a rescue home. His name is Gus and he we're a pair already. Be ready, it'll happen again for you...

RickSE
11-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Our dog should come home on Friday now but not as we hoped. We've been told that he has renal (kidney) failure. He's been at the vet all this week and although he looks good now his long term outlook does not look good. :frown: He's only 3-years old.

Buddyc
11-17-2011, 09:41 AM
That sucks Rick... Sorry to hear that.

biggiefl
11-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Sorry Rick....unfortunately people die young as well.

I went about 4 years before getting another pooch. I almost stopped about 100 times and one day I was at the store buying a fish and there was a coupon for 50% of all dogs in stock at the Humane Society....I stopped and this what I found looking at me. How can you turn down such a cute face and a crooked ear? This is Ubu the 1st day we got him68792...my best friend and only cost $30.

Ghost
11-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Rick, I'm very sorry.

Hardcrab, Biggie, beautiful pups.

"Sit Ubu, sit. Good dog."

tjags
11-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Buddy, sorry for your loss.

What's the old joke- "Who loves you more, your dog or wife? Lock them both in your trunk and see who is happy when you open it!!"

Dogs are the best. If only people acted more like dogs.

RickSE
11-29-2011, 09:41 AM
After a 2-week battle we lost our dog yesterday. We brought him home from the vet hospital a week ago last Friday. He looked great; they’d been giving him fluid through IV to bring his kidney numbers back down to normal. He spent the weekend with us and we thought we were on track for recovery. Then he stopped eating again on Tuesday and things went downhill. We started him on fluid at home but just couldn't get him to eat again as his health began to decline. Through last week he appeared to have gained 10-years on his life. After a check-up visit to the vet yesterday and more blood work we all determined that we'd done as much as we could and had to let him go. His name was Fire-Kracker but we called him Kracker. My wife said he lived like his name, "short and all at once", "in and out" but while he was here he lived it to the fullest. We'll miss him dearly.68938

Ghost
11-29-2011, 10:28 AM
A beautiful dog--very sorry for your loss.

scippy
11-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Jimmy Steward recited a poem "dog named beau" on the Carson show many years ago.
believe it might bee on U-tube now..................Will bring a tear to your eyes!

dsparis
11-29-2011, 05:40 PM
So sorry for your loss.

Buddyc
11-29-2011, 09:07 PM
So true

http://youtu.be/plsWZyslqVc

scippy
11-29-2011, 10:04 PM
There ya go!!....................Thanks Buddy!

dsparis
11-30-2011, 07:42 AM
We adopted this old feller this weekend. His name is Bo.