PDA

View Full Version : Key west Race Rant

joseph m. hahnl
11-11-2011, 08:35 PM
I didn't want to high jack a commemoration thread

I don't want to stir things up, But personally I don't care how friggin strong that canopy was, is, or should have been. To me when a boat flips over and every one keeps on racing bye not one person stopping to lend a hand, possibly save a life. That is when you know it has become profit driven:(

BUIZILLA
11-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Joey Gratton just passed away from today's rollover of the Page Motorsports entry...

and yes, it also had a canopy, and Joey had to also be extricated by the divers...

joseph m. hahnl
11-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Sorry to here that.

I'm a little distressed over the Lack of respect to Bob Morgan & Jeff Tillmans .I specifically posted this rant thread out of respect to the deceased and there families. I was hoping that those others who were getting into a heated argument would spare the grieving from the hostilities and vulgarness. Which in my opinion had absolutely no place in that other thread. There is a lot of tension between two members that always seems to elevate as the threads go on. Seems like pissing contest are always into the wind. I think these two should meet Face to face, Fist to Fist, but hey maybe words on a computer can make you the Alpha dog.

It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, it's how many times you get up.

http://www.deliberatemovementlbc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2818993.jpg

Donziweasel
11-12-2011, 09:57 AM
I quit coming here because of the kind of stuff. I am posting now because someone started something I am very very interested in, snowmobiling. Haven't read any other threads until I saw this one alluding to a fight on another one. I do not follow offshore racing, but my heart goes out to the families and freinds who have suffered the loss. By the reaction from the boating community, on this site and others, they were very well liked and respected.

Perhaps Carl's statement was not in the best of places or in line with the best of timing, but I did not find it too terribly disrespectful. What I did find disrespectful was the reply from another member to Carl and Mike who seems to make a habit of threatening and attacking other members. Carl had let it go, yet the thread degraded due to this members comments and threats. I have had my fair share of squabbles on here over the years, but I have never threatened anyone or used vulgar language as I know Scot wants this to be a family oriented site. I have spoken to other members about this individual in the past and we have agreed that he is not only cancer for this forum, but potentially dangerous in his threats as well. I hope this individual will take a long hard look at how he behaves on here and perhaps leave, or modify his temperament.

I am sure I will get a reply with threats and cursing, but I wanted to say my piece. This will be my only post on this subject.

Buddyc
11-12-2011, 12:20 PM
I dont understand where the Venom comes from? And the name calling is sad but almost comical how a grown man can get so upset...

joseph m. hahnl
11-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Doesn't the name say it all ?

ginger

A human, characterized by pale skin, freckles and bright red hair. "Gingers" are generally considered to be inferior to their more melanin-rich brethren, and thus deservingly discriminated against. Gingers are thought to have no souls. The condition, "gingervitis" is genetic and incurable.

http://www.deliberatemovementlbc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2818993.jpg

Or

Red Headed Stepchild

A term that originated out of the common mistreatment and social ostracism of redheaded individuals (gingers). A redheaded individual born into(legitimately or not), or adopted into a family of non-redheads was typically subject to physical and emotional abuse, and usually short handed when it came to financial matters in the family, such as the estate or any savings the family had acquired. Today, the term can be applied to an individual or group of individuals who are outcasts, or are typically dealt the worst hand in society.
I oughta beat you like a red headed stepchild.

So I guess it's not his fault , Perhaps we should just except that is the way he is and choose to ignore it. When he's not going off on some one he does add valuable knowledge .

Mike: maybe you shouldn't antagonize him you know he's just going to go off on you.

Funny thing with Carl, is it reminds of a kid that wants to play kick ball.
So he asks "can I play"? The red headed step child/Ginger that only has known abuse his whole life throws the ball and hit's the kid in the face breaking his nose. The Ginger says "play with that". The Moral is the red headed step child/Ginger doesn't know any better but the kid wanting to play didn't deserve the treatment he got. In the end the red headed step child/Ginger is pummeled by the friends that stick up for the kid who just wanted to play kick ball.

handfulz28
11-12-2011, 02:24 PM
every one keeps on racing bye not one person stopping to lend a hand

Nobody has thanked the divers that jump out of helicopters to try their very best to save those lives. They are the most trained, most capable of doing just that. FWIW, the first diver was in the water in less than 60 seconds after Big Thunder came to rest. I don't think you could do much better if you had a heli over every boat. I've also carried a safety diver onboard my boat during a race. I was so happy that the day was uneventful. I would've done whatever was asked, but myself not being trained or experienced in saving lives, I would've been a hindrance more than help probably.

Godspeed to those that give their lives pursuing their passion. May they rest in peace.