PDA

View Full Version : Glashole, Mikeo, Fixall and any other snowmobilers

Donziweasel
11-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Guys,
Speaking of snowmobiles, I have set the dates for my annual snowmobile trip, SNO MO VIII- Powder Assault. We spend three days in the backcountry of Wyoming staying at a lodge only accessible by snowmobile. From there, we tour the area riding deep powder. The trip is designed for riders of all skill levels. As the leader, I will not put you in any inherent danger. I am responsible for everyone and so far, we have had 7 amazing previous trips. I provide you a sled (2012 Ski Doo Summit 800) and you stay at the Lazy P before and after the trip. The riding will be from beginner to expert. You only have to ride what you feel comfortable. The dates (not confirmed) are the Feb 15th-17th. You can come early and stay later if you wish to experience some of Jackson Hole's skiing.

Itenerary-
Feb 14th- arrivals and getting the necessary gear
Feb 15th- Leave for the Grey's River- ride into Box Y lodge stopping along the way to play, dinner, and then bonfire a mile away from the lodge.
Feb 16th- Touring and deep powder riding, dinner, drinks at main lodge
Feb 17t- ride out, stopping at play areas along the way.
Feb 18th- departures

Here is a video a buddy of mine made of the 2009 trip SNO MO V-Ressurection-

http://www.youtube.com/user/silversonstudio?blend=15&ob=5#p/u/0/5C_AxYN1G_Q

Here is a link to the lodge-

www.boxylodge.com

Usually about 10-20 people go.

Let me kno if you are interested.

glashole
11-07-2011, 07:21 AM
very interested

i will be in touch

hopefully mike can go and i have myself and 4 other avid sledders

count us in for this

Buddyc
11-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Sounds like an amazing trip!

Donziweasel
11-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Shea and Buddy, looks like I might have spoken to soon. Trip filled and I couldn't get on here to make changes. BUT, Shea, if you and your freinds, Fixall and Buddy want to make an Assault on the Wyoming backcountry, we could definetly set up another "Donzi" oriented trip. Might be good to get some powder novices together and master your skills. You could stay at the Lazy P and we could ride out of here some, or hit a couple of the ride in ride out lodges like Towgwotee (one of the most famous snowmobile destinations in the US, about 45 miles north of here), Brooks Lake Lodge, the Line Shack, or Box Y. I will put the links below. I have stayed at all of them and they rock.

I am going to be gone the second week of Jan, have freinds the third week of Jan, and looks like my trip has been moved to Feb 22-24. I am all open except for those dates. Mike always wanted to come see the Jackson Hole World Championship Hillclimb. Crazy weekend and alot of fun. Think NASCAR meets snowmobiling. Plus, all the manufactures are there with next years stuff. Sno Cross, Arials, and of course, the biggest and baddest Hillclimb in North America where the world champion is crowned. Dates this year are March 22-25.

Anyway, Shea, Buddy, Mike O, and Fix, we should put together a sweet Mountain Riding trip for the Donzi folks and any of your freinds. You have a free place to stay, we have a guest SUV for you to use, and I can get, if not free, then very discounted 2012 Ski Doo Summits. You could also get in a day or two of skiing if you would like. Plane tickets are cheap right now, I am seeing 350.00-450.00 from anywhere in the US to JH. If you wanted to drive, feel free to bring your trail sleds. Over 2000 miles of groomed trails in WY with some of the most amazing scenary you have ever seen with altitudes ranging from 4500-11,000.

So, beginners, novices, experts, we could put together a nice trip. Let me know. Since I got a new sled, the more snowmobiling the better!

http://www.togwoteelodge.com/

http://www.brookslake.com/

http://www.lineshack.com/

www.boxylodge.com

glashole
11-07-2011, 06:04 PM
no sweat chum

it would be actually better for us if it were either closer to the end of our season (march) or closer to the beginning (dec) so it doesn't interfere with our already short season

not looking for hand-outs either when it comes to renting sleds or anything else like that

as a group we had decided to go somewhere sledding out west (was thinking BC) this is just a way cooler spot to go

we will be in touch and find a time that works

Shea

BUIZILLA
11-07-2011, 06:18 PM
wow.. :yes:

Donziweasel
11-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Shea, you will not find better snowmobiling in the Rockies than Jackson Hole. Might be the best in the world. Don't worry about handouts, if I can get em, you are more than welcomed to have em. Another deciding factor is that you have a guide in JH. I have been riding here for 18 years and can find whatever terrain you are looking for, from beginner powder fields to scare the hell out of ya steeps and everything in between. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed in Jacksons riding. Some of the areas around here, like Towgwotee get 700 inches a year average.

I can sleep 8 at the Lazy P.

Jim, you can come too..... :)

Buddyc
11-07-2011, 07:04 PM
I would consider myself a lucky man to go on a trip like you mentioned. Just give me a lil notice and what to bring and im there. And consider your next paint job on me!
Thank you for the invite,
Buddy

mike o
11-08-2011, 07:59 AM
John, thanks for the offer, will work on it. But doubt full for this year. Shea and I have all ready have talked about hooking up and doing a 3-5-7 day saddle bag tour of either Quebec or Ontario this winter. Or you can all come to Maine if you want and fly into Bangor. A friend has a lodge that sleeps 8-10, we just need food, beer and gas. Its just outside of Baxter State Park where all my pictures are from. If Ontario works for Fix since it closer, Ill drive to Shea's place in Trenton. Or you can fly in to Montreal or Quebec City and Ill pick you up. So what ever works for everybody, I'm in. Shea and his friends and I are riding all winter. Ont and quebec has the best sledding in the world between the 2. There almost 50k of manicured table top flat trails. Its what they do. :yes:

Donziweasel
11-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Mike, no sweat. If things change, let me know. My door is always open to snowmobiling Donzi bretheren. :)

For those who may be interested, since you seem to do alot of touring, we could stay at a couple of different lodges in the backcountry and move around some. Tour, hit some play areas, etc.... The lodges are nice and meals are included. Many have fuel as well. Most run of small hydro plants on creeks, generator or natural gas/propane. Plenty of great touring and we could run the Continental Divide as well. Since I own Alltrans, I can arrange drop off and pickups if we start at one place and end up at another.

Let me know who is interested and what type of trip you would like. Lots of great options. :)

zelatore
11-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Over on the Honda sled thread you made a comment about 'once you try it (sledding) you'll be hooked'.

There's some truth to that...

I can't commit to anything, but I'd be interested in joining the pack if you put a Donzi/sled run together. Doubt Michele would come this time as I can't see her spending multiple days on a sled, but I'd enjoy the heck out of it.

If you guys are putting together a conqure the mountain type ride, I better sit it out as I'm no expert and don't want to hold anybody back. But I'm not afraid to push things a little. Snow's soft when you crash anyway, right? Gotta be softer than asphalt at least. :wink: Just have to avoid the big rocks and trees.

After my visit last year I came home and started looking at sleds on craigslist. Then I came to my senses and realized I didn't need one, didn't have a place to keep one, and I already have too many toys/hobbies anyway. Let's see how well I hold out this time.

Donziweasel
11-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Don, I wouldn't worry about it too much. With the day you went out with me last year, you have probably done more powder riding that most. If I remember right, conditions were tough that day.

Usually we find a big bowl or cirque and set up in the middle. You can watch others climb and ride powder of various levels, or go try it yourself. :)

zelatore
11-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Oh, I'd try it. I might not make it all the way up, but you know I'd try it. :yes:

Donziweasel
11-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Mike O, Shea, Don, Mike, Buddy and anyone else, below is a link to the Arctic Cat site. They film all there promo stuff at Towgwotee, 42 miles north of Jackson. The video is filmed where I will take you riding. You can get a good idea of the terrian we will be tearing up. Forget the tech stuff they are talking about. Towgwotee is on the Continental Divide and the trails are at 10,000 ft. There are spots up to over 11,500. Great place to ride. Everything in the video was filmed there. Enjoy. :)

http://www.arctic-cat.com/snow/technology/proclimb/

glashole
11-15-2011, 08:33 AM
when is there enough snow?

Donziweasel
11-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Now! Probably 3 ft already in the mountains, with another 2-3 coming in this weekend. The areas we ride average 600-700 inches a year. People are already sledding and will continue into May and on big years, even June. To put it in prespective, 700 inches of snow is 58 ft!

Dates I am busy or gone- Jan 13-28. Feb 20-24. Should be around the rest of the time. Early to mid March is a good time, lots of snow, more daylight, and you get some amazingly beautiful spring days.

BTW, us locals pronounce Togwotee Toe-gah-dee or toga-dee. You have to say it fast. :)