PDA

View Full Version : The Sting - Resto question

Rob M
11-05-2011, 02:50 PM
I thought Scott Pearson restored this boat independently. By the looks of this website it seems a bit misrepresentative and that they are taking credit for his work. Not sure if they are affiliated with him in any way, or did any of the work? It is none of my business - except they also have a picture of my Hornet on their site, and I know they have never seen it, let alone restored it.

http://www.ctboatworks.com/ctboatworks_comprehensive_repair.html

Scott Pearson
11-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Rob,
Not sure about your boat but Tom and Doug from Boat Works did the structure work on the Sting. Myself and Matty did the rest. Hope this helps.

The guys at Boat works do an outstanding job with attention to detal. Its always a pleasure working with them on projects.

silverghost
11-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Rob~

Their site with the two Hornets in question sure seems more than a bit mis-leading to me also~~~

To say the very least .

Is your boat the red 2+3 Hornet on the bottom right of their web page ?

Why can't they just show boats THEY completely restored & feature only their OWN work ?

Very Strange~

Buddyc
11-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Maybe they a majority of the work and they wanted to show what they do... If so they have every right. Maybe Scott just painted it?

mattyboy
11-13-2011, 10:34 AM
as Scott said the guys at boat works did the structural work and a great job at that. they learned alot and made improvements and added strength beyond the original design.

the pictures at the bottom were to show the pedigree of the line, they thought they were all brochure or pr shots . the misleading picture has been replaced. They did not want to send any misleading messages.

the sting project was a group effort and many were responsible for the awesome result. from boat works, to merc marine ,bilt rite ,individuals like richard weaver, scott pearson, james root, yes and even myself and a few i have probably forgotten along the way I aopologize for that.

should merc be able to claim the project ? they built a custom motor for the project and did tune it but didn't install it???? of course they can it was a team effort and anyone on the team can take credit for the finished product.

~~NOTHING STRANGE ABOUT IT~~

Rob M
11-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Scott/MattyBoy:

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like it was a significant group effort - and a hell of a nice job.

Rob

mattyboy
11-13-2011, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter] Rob M
Scott/MattyBoy:

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like it was a significant group effort - and a hell of a nice job.

Rob
{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

:)

your boat looks great too

Sweet Cheekz
11-16-2011, 09:12 PM
It was a hell of a job by everyone involved It is an impressive boat

Parnell