PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from Saugatuck/Douglas MI area

woobs
10-23-2011, 10:38 PM
It looks like the Kalamazoo river is giving up her guest of 44 years being the 350ft Edwardian steamship (turned Museum) "Keewatin"...coming home to Port McNicoll Ontario next June.

I mention it as I was just there to help out with the details and found that Saugatuck is a boaters paradise...not to mention a shoppers delight for my wife. lovely place.

Maybe a little far for my 18 to go...but I`ll be back.

Sweet Cheekz
10-24-2011, 09:07 AM
30 miles from my house Boat there alot.
Looks like a big dredge coming to get that ship out of there. Good the river needs it. It will be wierd to not see it there anymore. Sunday afternoons are a great time at The Red Dock bar next to the ship

Parnell

Ghost
10-24-2011, 05:01 PM
The ship's moving out sometime next June? Sounds like a potential reason for a mini Donzi gathering....

OFFSHORE GINGER
10-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Douglas , home of Skater , and only Minutes from me , and if any of you have a chance to boat lake Mich , and enter that area thru the big lake ........................the ride is very nice .................. along with being very slow ...............and picturesque..................with great food , drink , and entertainment .

woobs
10-24-2011, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE=Sweet Cheekz
Looks like a big dredge coming to get that ship out of there.[/QUOTE]

Yep 3 permits for dredging. One, around the ship, Two, the turning basin (by the marina) and three, the rest of the Kalamazoo to L.Mich. It's got to be 14-16 ft deep...right now it's around 4ft.

Great Idea, a DONZI sendoff...see you at the White House!

Just Say N20
10-25-2011, 06:17 AM
I know there are at least 10 Donzi's just from the White Lake area that might want to participate. It would be a blast to do running down Lake Michigan; 51 miles from pier head to pier head.