PDA

View Full Version : QUOTES, A work-around. . .

Just Say N20
10-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Most have noticed that the quote function isn't working. All you get is text that looks like it is trying to work.

Very annoying.

I think I figured out a way to "simulate" the quote function.

I added one of these units to my 280 volvo and it was about the best upgrade i've done. You can actually let go of the steering wheel at speed, no steering torque. It is a cable actuated power steering unit. It's a bolt on, using your existing cable. The only thing you need to add is a gm power steering pump. Someone should jump on this.

You will have to COPY the text you want to quote, from whoever posted it. You will also have to know the poster's name.

I will add a space between each character, so you can see it.

[ Q U O T E = K i r b y v v ]

Then PASTE the message.

[ / Q U O T E ]

There are no spaces between the characters when you do it, and the word QUOTE needs to be all caps.

Sorry.

Sometimes I can't help myself. :shades:

Tony
10-21-2011, 09:59 AM
You will have to COPY the text you want to quote, from whoever posted it. You will also have to know the poster's name.

I will add a space between each character, so you can see it.

[ Q U O T E = K i r b y v v ]

Then PASTE the message.

[ / Q U O T E ]

There are no spaces between the characters when you do it, and the word QUOTE needs to be all caps.

Sorry.

Sometimes I can't help myself.

Great post...thanks Bill!

Ghost
10-21-2011, 01:30 PM
This is also very useful for putting words in someone else's mouth. For instance:

The initial attack on the destroyer Maddox, on August 2, was repeated today by a number of hostile vessels attacking two U.S. destroyers with torpedoes.

Wait, he actually did say that. (Liar.)

Lemme try again.

I am actually a woman and I like to run around the White House in my bra and panties.

Much better. :)

maddad
10-21-2011, 01:35 PM
thank you

joseph m. hahnl
10-21-2011, 06:14 PM
#11 thow shall drive Donzi really fast

I shall obey:worthy:

joseph m. hahnl
10-21-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm goin to Didney Lan

OOPS:boggled:

joseph m. hahnl
10-21-2011, 06:33 PM
this works too

This works too :yes:. The first quote has a white space next to the [ . Back space it out. You can then Write poster name and copy insert the text. The quote does not need to be capitols .

This is just taking out the white space:)
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

{$pagetext}

Thise is all lower case with the space taken out:lookaroun:
[ quote=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/quote]

{$pagetext}

Just Say N20
10-21-2011, 08:24 PM
What have I done!?!

Me thinks I have created a MONSTER!

mattyboy
10-21-2011, 08:30 PM
well now with qoutes from LBJ and Moses this thread is now political and religious the more we change the more we stay the same

LMAO AUFA :rlol:

Ghost
10-21-2011, 10:52 PM
well now with qoutes from LBJ and Moses this thread is now political and religious the more we change the more we stay the same

LMAO AUFA

LBJ? Moses?! I demand equal time.

Well, that didn't take long. (I didn't even know he had an account.) :)

mattyboy
10-22-2011, 08:54 AM
sorry Larry roll along nothing to see here the donzi girl section is gone now too

:smileybo:

Carl C
10-22-2011, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE]Me thinks I have created a MONSTER![/QUOTE]

I've been doing it a little different but your way is cooler.