PDA

View Full Version : another seat thread

VetteLT193
10-19-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm doing my post sarasota run and much needed cleanup to my boat. I started by removing every interior piece for a one seat a night cleaning marathon.... as it turns out it seems donzi (ppi?) Used normal staples to finish my seats off. It is clear that the seat itself was made with stainless but the bottom mesh and finish piping was attached with regular staples. WTF. Ill post pics tomorrow, the new software doesn't play well with the droid

VetteLT193
10-20-2011, 07:57 AM
pics...6838968390

DonziJosh
10-20-2011, 08:57 AM
28 ZX/ZXO upholstery was done in-house by Donzi. There shouldn't have been a non-stainless staple in the place. That stinks!

VetteLT193
10-20-2011, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

what do you recommend, pull them out and re-staple with stainless? It's only on the forward 3 bow cushions that are removable. It almost looks like they were built fully with stainless, installed, then after they were test fitted the mesh bottoms with extra cushion was added to stop the staples from rubbing against the fiberglass.

I didn't forget about the steering wheel BTW. working on my Wife before ordering it so she doesn't kill me. LOL

biggiefl
10-20-2011, 11:42 AM
I would pull and restaple, should not take long. I'm just glad it was not something me or my crew did. :shocking:

DonziJosh
10-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Now that I think about it, I remember one of the girls from Upholstery coming into my office one day and asking to borrow my stapler...weird! :wink:

I'd pull them and re-staple, you don't want rust stains anywhere. Any time is fine on the wheel. No worries!

Hey Biggie, that was you at Beercan last Saturday, right? We were out on the Poker Runs America run. I was the guy in the black 34 Nor-Tech CC waving at you.

Josh

biggiefl
10-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Was that you that got pulled over by the Feds or was it the Cigarette? I thought the Black Pearl Fountain was sold to some guy in the islands months ago. I should be out there again Saturday, might take my Whaler though....might not.

DonziJosh
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM
That wasn't us! We were in a black center console with gold hard top and twin 300 Verados (painted white). We cruised up and around the sand bar side of Jewfish Key on our way to Mar Vista. Funny you mention Black Pearl though, because the next day I was that boat. We were shooting some photo and video for Nor-Tech and PRA and using it as our shooting platform. Black Pearl has just undergone a full poker run conversion. Open cockpit, new flooring, bucket seats aft, big storage compartments in the cockpit sidewalls, and a big sound system. Pretty cool setup with a really roomy cockpit.

biggiefl
10-20-2011, 07:37 PM
That Black Pearl is out there all the time but I will tell you the scoop in private.

The CC...got ya. There was I think a Nor-tec(silver & ???) and Cigarette side by side and one got pulled over.

If going out this weekend, e-mail me.

VetteLT193
10-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Where can I buy the staples in stainless? the ones at home depot are marked "not for marine use" even though they are stainless. Maybe they can't swim? hehehe.

biggiefl
10-21-2011, 02:07 PM
What kind of gun as well? I have a bunch but many variables. Let me know and if I have them I can shoot you a couple rails....pun intended. Been so long I forgot but I am thinking Ace.