PDA

View Full Version : Shortie

Sweet Cheekz
10-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Finally got my 2" shortie on the 21 and exactly as I suspected the results were amazing. Picked up 6 mph without even trying anything else. Ran out of time and had to stop but I have 4 more props to test over the next couple of weeks. The ride improvement was atonishing as was the overall handeling. Anyone on the fence about a shortie should really think hard about pulling the trigger. Not new news here just more support for the concept.

I have to figure out how to stop winters arrival so I can keep boating. 2 years and 3 months and she is finally complete. Time for a cocktail

Parnell

Conquistador_del_mar
10-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Parnell,
Far too cool. Doesn't it make you feel good when something works the way it is supposed to work? :yes: Bill

axelkloehn
10-18-2011, 01:31 AM
Congrats, Parnell. I would love to see a video of your GT running. Can't believe it's already over 2 years now since you (we) started the resto. Keep boating...

Just Say N20
10-18-2011, 06:03 AM
Glad it worked out as anticipated. Looking forward to pics/videos. :yes:

Congratulations!

Greg Guimond
10-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Wow Parnell, great news. Did you gain the 6mph with the same style prop just a bit bigger or did you end up throwing on something different?

Sweet Cheekz
10-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks guys its been a lot of work! As all of you guys know. I will say that it does feel extra good knowing I did most of the work

Greg I just thru back on the prop I had been using It was my only test so far as I ran out of time. Hopefully trying 4 more props this weekend. I am confident I have a bunch left to get out of her.

I do have some fun video I will post from last weekend in Detroit running with Mick, Mike and others but nothing of mine running till next spring I assume Ours was from the cockpit looking back mostly but it was bumby.

Parnell

biggiefl
10-18-2011, 01:13 PM
What was your bump of 6mph over(ie: 60-66)?

Sweet Cheekz
10-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Sorry to be secretive about the mph but I cant say

New around 4kloaded with everything
Picked mine up used and paid a lot less saw two on OSO today for 2800 each
Parnell

Carl C
10-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Glad to hear that. Having seen your boat, it was obvious that your drive was too low (as you knew). I am looking forward to running with you again next summer on either side of the state! BTW, summer is not over for us hardcore boaters!

Sweet Cheekz
10-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks Carl I look forward to it Maybe I will be able to keep up now. :lookaroun:

Boating on Saturday so I have plenty of running left in me.

Parnell

axelkloehn
10-19-2011, 01:12 AM
BTW, summer is not over for us hardcore boaters!

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

We have low 40s right now, boating season ended 3 weeks ago... wonder if you "hardcore boaters" would still go boating here......:eek: (bbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

mike o
10-19-2011, 07:19 AM
:yes: Ok Parnell, whats next .........:wink:..........:kingme:

Greg Guimond
10-19-2011, 07:46 AM
I still have my fingers crossed that there are several good days left before I have to call it quits for the season. I'm fine with the parka and hat routine but hoping for at least 70's in the next couple of weeks. I think I clocked my best speed last year last week in October.

RickSE
10-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Parnell,

FYI, the two drives you may be talking about on OSO are Merc. -2 Sportmaster drives. They're a lot different then the IMCO units.

roadtrip se
10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Rick, take a look at the swap shop forum on OSO and you will find several IMCO shorty combos and lowers offered for sale or trade.
Great place to pick up some good deals.

Good news Parnell, I wouldn't have a Donzi without one, but thats just me.

tylogans 22
10-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Parnell,

Congrat's on the upgrade and the great results, this will be my next update as well, I was wondering if you added a Todd (Roadtrip) cavitation plate?

Thanks,
Gregg

22 Yellow Devil
Waterford, MI

Sweet Cheekz
10-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks Greg
I have one in my possession and will be testing it after I test all my props with the imco one. I assume based on my conversations that it will be the way I go eventually

Parnell

Sweet Cheekz
10-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Hey Rick
I was not aware of that What is the difference?

We are looking at 60 and party sunny this weekend and we still have a few 60-70 degree days left in us

Axel About 10 years ago I was out testing one of my boats New Years day and it was 35 degrees My fairing was icing over. I got pulled over in our channel by the coast guard for speeding and paid 800 in fines after I apealed my 2 thousand dollar fines. They threw the book at me and were all pissed off There had not been another boat in that channel for 60 days but it gave them something to do.
I was wearing my helmut, ski cloths and gloves and it was still cold at 90 mph

I was heading to Florida for a poker run and had to test before the ice froze over the channel.

Parnell

Sweet Cheekz
10-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Mike

I'm waist deep in a 1969 35' Chris Craft Commander refurbishing for my wife. BIG project and I have to get it done this spring so thats what taking all my time now

Never a dull moment :eek!:

Parnell

Ghost
10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Wow, Parnell, that ticket story just makes me ill. I have to congratulate you on not strangling anyone.

Well, I mean, unless... :)

tylogans 22
10-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Parnell,
Can you let me know what you think about the cavitation plate and your prop results if you care to do so.

Thanks,
Gregg

Good luck with your 35' project, I'm sure it will turn out great.

mike o
10-19-2011, 06:46 PM
5/13/ 2012 is........ Mothers Day.......:wink:...........:biggrin:

Sweet Cheekz
10-20-2011, 08:31 AM
And then AOTH and then Memorial day
Yikes suddenly it doesnt seem very far away

Parnell

Carl C
10-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Are we talking about some top secret cavitation plate different from the SS one that comes with the shorty?

roadtrip se
10-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Carl,

I have shared a few rigging tricks with friends that I boat with and know well.

But frankly, and for a lot of reasons that are personal, I don't want it shared here on the web.

RT

Carl C
10-20-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't need one; My boat planes fine. Thanks anyway...........

Sweet Cheekz
10-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Carl
Running the same plate as you and it works fine. I need more prop testing to get a feel for how she is going to handle staurday is looking good
we shall see

Parnell

scippy
10-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey P,

No rest for the weary! ................whats the number of boats ya got now?
Nice work on finishing the 21 & good luck with the new Chris craft project.

Sweet Cheekz
10-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Hey Scippy

Sold one of the maggies to my mechanic and he is starting a restro. Still have the other two but I have put them away as I have to get this cruiser done by spring. After that I plan on a holiday of boating for a summer before I get back to working on em. For now I will live vicariously thru your project. Keep it up

Parnell