PDA

View Full Version : new purchase/1989 30' blackwidow

spincycle
10-10-2011, 11:26 AM
just entered a contract to buy 30' blackwidow. it was repowered with twin mercruiser 454, with mercruiser outdrives. it had the old ford 460 original engines in it. the seller is the original owner, boats in fair shape, paints great, interior is good, cuddy cabin alittle rough( head liner gone). what problems should we be looking for in these model boats from this era? stringer problems? transom issues? having a boat engine surveyor going over it today, so will know more about this actual boat later, but needed to know if any ones had past experience with this model. from what i understand she has been kept on a covered boat lift her whole life in brackish water in south tampa. her name is too small, if anyone knows her, please chime in.

Peter J
727-444-2982

VetteLT193
10-10-2011, 12:23 PM
do a search here for more info. If memory serves there is at least one that needed more work than it was worth. That doesn't mean the one you are looking at is bad though, just have it inspected / surveyed. I've heard nothing but good things about the boats from their owners so if the survey goes well I'm sure you will love it.