PDA

View Full Version : New Donzi Owner - 1998 Sweet Sixteen

Ron in Atlanta
10-09-2011, 07:05 AM

I saw one of these boats two years ago, had no idea what it was but had to stop the car, turn around and give it a look. I guess the image has remained with me and a few months ago, decided to find one.

This Forum has lead me to Canada, South Carolina, Stuart, Florida, New Jersey and finally to Naples, Florida is search of the right boat. I drove home from Naples with a white with red trim, 1998 Sweet Sixteen. Engine is 6.2 Chevy, Merc outdrive, Bennett tabs (of course. This boat really needs the tabs!).

We are in the process of restoration. Some sun fade on the red (needs wet sanding), some scars on the forward end of the front deck (often seen on these boats, comes from driving UNDER the winch while loading on trailer), rough spots along the leading edge of the keel from beaching the boat and not seeing the rock on the otherwise sandy beach. I am adding a "Silent Choice" exhaust so as not to disturb everyone within earshot who may not enjoy the sound of the through transom exhaust as much as we do. Replacing the two bottom cushions that most likely blew away while the boat was doing 70 or so.

Had a cockpit cover made so we can trailer without removing everything from the boat and a full (down to the waterline) cover for outdoor storage. Need to get a few gauges working as well. Fuel, trim and speedo.

Looking forward to finally getting her in the water. I’ll try to post a picture or two.

Offset
10-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Nice boat. Have fun with it.:wink:

Just Say N20
10-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Welcome!

The journey has begun. . . .:yes:

Excellent find. You are making tremendous progress. After reading the description, I was surprised by the pictures. I suspect it will be at least Pristine when you are done with it.

86fxst
10-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Gorgeous! You've been bitten by the bug - don't fight it! It is terminal!:yes: