PDA

View Full Version : Grizz boat

Buddyc
09-29-2011, 07:07 PM
I saw a picture of Grizz`s old boat. Was the wildest boat I ever saw! Blue and white with a rounded transom and cool little side compartments on the deck. Can someone please tell me what it was? Really Amazing

maddad
09-29-2011, 08:45 PM
This one's mphatc/Mario's. They are cool looking.

mphatc
09-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Corsican is the same hull as an 18 Classic, only 56 were built, 1968-1972

Grizzly's was a 351 Ford, CMI headers, maybe even a 351 Cleveland . .

Mario

Buddyc
09-29-2011, 09:33 PM
So cool looking. I didn't realize how innovative Donzi was back in the day . Didn't seem like they were afraid to try something new. Bravo!

ITTLFLI
09-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Grizz and his Corsican:kingme:

pipnit
09-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Wow, that's a cool boat! I've seen pics but didn't realize they had those side compartments. Smart use of that space!

a little off subject, I didn't know Grizz but know of his legacy and used to enjoy his posts. From the looks of it, he was pretty young (not bald, not grey) man, what a shame.

Be good guys! :)

silverghost
09-30-2011, 09:14 AM
I never saw a real Donzi Corsican first hand in my NJ & PA boating area.

There Is/Was a Cobalt GT-500 "spash rip-off clone" sitting for sale for a few thousand $$$ in a back bay area Somers Point NJ boatyard stoage lot early this Spring & Summer.

The Cobalt GT-500 "Splash" is the boat that Don & Brownie spotted at a boatshow where Don then confronted the Cobalt guys about stealing Donzi's design.

The Somers Point NJ Cobalt GT-500 is rough, and has extensive balsa core hull rot damage, but still a very cool boat.
Not sure if it's still sitting down there in that lot for sale as I have not been down there since early June ?

It's great to finally see photos of "Randy "Grizz & his great Corsican.
Never met him personally ~~~
But when I first joined this forum with my then new benchseat 18 project Somers Point NJ find he called me to welcome me to the forum & talk about the project , and also his Solas Volvo Aquamatic prop project.
He mentioned his Corsican at that time~
We spoke one last time a few short months before his sad un-timely passing.

Randy was surely as cool as his Corsican !

Guys~~~
Let's see more photos of Grizz, & his great Donzi boats as a great way to remember him !

gcarter
09-30-2011, 10:04 AM
"a little off subject, I didn't know Grizz but know of his legacy and used to enjoy his posts. From the looks of it, he was pretty young (not bald, not grey) man, what a shame."

Pipnit, Randy did have a great head of hair, but he was a year younger than me and would have been 66 in about 2 weeks.
We celebrated our birthdays the same day in October, and usually had lunch when he stopped by in February on his way down to Miami for the boat show.
I know this is confusing, and I guess ya had to be there.........

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39147&stc=1&d=1222823397

Buddyc
09-30-2011, 04:34 PM
From the pictures I have seen of his boats, They were Pristine!
I would have liked to have met him. He was well respected and all of his pics he has a smile on his face.

MOP
10-01-2011, 06:05 AM
He is sorely missed by many, I never got the chance to do a face to face but like many others spoke with him at length quite a few times. He was the kind of guy that knew one thing, how to give and help others. His legacy will always live in the boating community!