PDA

View Full Version : Just brought my new 18 foot Classic Donzi Home

Capevettes
09-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Well I'm very excited. I had posted earlier in the week that I was looking at a 2000 18 foot Classic Donzi with 110 hours. It looks brand new and runs as good as it looks. I just bought it this morning. It's parked at the dock and ready for action. If the weather would cooperate I may have another month here on Cape Cod to enjoy it.

Thanks for your input on my purchase. Great to be a member of the Donzi Community :)

patricke
09-29-2011, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Sweet! any pics?

Capevettes
09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
I haven't taken any pics yet. I will and see if I can figure out how to get them on here. It's white with the red stripe down the middle. White interior. I just put 2 coats of polish on it.

Buddyc
09-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Best of luck and welcome to the site.

Fishermanjm
09-29-2011, 07:44 PM
luck with it vette!!!

Jraysray
09-29-2011, 09:46 PM
PICS..... and glad your here!

osur866
09-29-2011, 10:24 PM
:clap: Congrats, welcome aboard, the 18's are a real blast, take your time and learn the boat and you will really enjoy it! Steve

pipnit
09-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Awesome! Welcome to the "family!" I love my '76 2+3

Where on the cape? I have some family (not Donzi family, lol) who live in Wellfleet.

Capevettes
09-30-2011, 04:59 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm in Sandwich on Mashpee/Wakeby Lake.

I am about to take my first sunrise cruise. I think the neighbors may have to get used to some horsepower firing up :yes:

mattyboy
09-30-2011, 07:38 AM
Congrats good luck with your new baby. There are alot of Donzi people up in your neck of the woods. keep an eye out for info on the Winnie and Lake George events.

Capevettes
09-30-2011, 09:58 AM
What a ride this morning :) Love the boat. There are a few guys with Donzis that come to the Lake. I spoke with a guy the other day with a 16 footer. He said they have get togethers at the beach on the other side of the lake. I will be joining them and may have a little cruise in at my place. Seems like this group is alot like the Corvette Community. Very enthusiastic about their Donzis.

Offset
09-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Best of luck with your new fiberglass beauty. What year of Corvette do you have? I have an 03 Z06 and a 1994 Classic 22.

All the best.

Capevettes
09-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Thank You very much. I actually have 4 Corvettes. 61, 65, 68 big block and a 2006 Z06 with 9,000 miles on it. I have owned my 65 for 40 years. I am very involved in the Corvette community and get a sense the Donzi Community is the same. Another Donzi just stopped by my dock about 5 minutes ago to congratulate me. The C5 Z06 is a great car. I'm sure there are other car people on here that are into Vettes. We all share the need for speed. The cars and the boats really keep you young!!

olredalert
09-30-2011, 05:34 PM
-----Hey Capevettes,,,You left out a four door 57 Chebby I sold you a few years back (like some 30 plus years ago)!!! Glad to see you in the DONZI community. Hope you are doing well.......Bill S

Capevettes
09-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Hey Billy, how the heck are you doing?? I remember you were involved with Donzis. These Donzis are an absolute blast. You were right all along.

Just got in from a run across the lake. There were 3 other Donzis over on the beach. Stopped over and had a nice time with them. Nice campfire on the beach. One of the guys is from Osterville and remembers you.

Say hi to Jan.

craigdskilling
09-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the site, glad you like the boat.I had a 1989 convertible white with white top red int, I pulled my. 18 2+3 which was white with the red stripe down the middle looked great.I'll try to dig up some pics.:nilly:

Capevettes
10-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the welcome Craig. That Vette pulling the Donzi must have been a pretty sight. I will be using a p/u truck, not a Vette.

olredalert
10-25-2011, 07:50 PM
-----It wont mean much to the rest of the guys here but where are you boating on the Cape, salt or fresh??? Kind of sounds like fresh but I cant tell by your posts. But,,,,Generally, anytime you can get a DONZI out of the water when you arent using it is a good thing. Its just that the tide changes on your side of the Cape can be a bit intimidating. A bit more info and, hopefully I can help.

-----I went and actually read a post or two and now have, thru a huge amount of brain-power (for me), figured out that you are on Wakeby. Takes alot with my limited skills, ya know!!!......Bill S

Capevettes
10-26-2011, 07:05 AM
Yes, I'm on Wakeby Bill. Trying to figure out a way to buy a nice boat lift to put in the water next to the dock. We get alot of West winds here and alot of boat traffic in the summer with the big wakes. I bought the whips for the dock to keep the boat from beating itself up but would really like to find a nice lift that can be removed from the water before the ice forms.

LeadSledMerc
10-26-2011, 07:40 PM
3 other Donzi's on Mashpee Pond...who the heck could they be???? :wink:

Which of the other 3 that I saw, was you? Let me know and I'll share some pics!

Welcome to the site...Keith

joseph m. hahnl
10-27-2011, 03:51 AM
I got to ask .My dad use to moore in Cotuit harbor spent many a days skiing in North Bay. I Remember Brad Crosby would always come running down the dock to greet my father. So any way Do you Guys Remember the twin engine
Donzi Betsy II. I was wondering what model she was as it has been driving me crazy for years trying to figure it out.

Capevettes
10-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Lead Sled: I did run with some of the guys that came over from Osterville in September. Dave A. and Scott. Mine is the 18 foot classic, white with the red stripe. I live on the Wakeby side of the Lake up on the hill to the right of the Cranberry bog. I'd love to see the pics. Not sure I'm in them. I think I've seen your yellow Donzi go by the house many times. Is your's the 383 stroker?

Joseph, Don't know the Betsy II but didn't spend any time over in Cotuit.

joseph m. hahnl
10-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Joseph, Don't know the Betsy II but didn't spend any time over in Cotuit

She was in Osterville Harbor roughly 30 something years ago. I'm thinking she was a 24 Doral . Thought it was a long shot, but worth asking:tooth:

OH yeah Congrats welcome to the family Brother:wavey:

RickSE
10-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Welcome aboard and congrats on the 18C. There are a few of us here with classic/semi-rare Donzi's & autos. I had a 1996 18C but now own a 2002 22C Special Edition. I also own the following autos,

1965 Oldsmobile f-85 factory 4-speed Wagon, my dad bought it new
1965 Oldsmobile f-85 factory 4-speed Wagon, picked up a few years ago in Lake Tahoe
1965 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible, restored to original
1971 Chevrolet C-30 Longnhorn 402BBC 4-speed, my dad bought it new
1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS-350, 11.70 drag car right now

The Camaro is the only one that's not all original. My dad had a 74 Vette when I was a kid; one of the only cars he ever sold. :frown: Nice range on your Vette's.

All my dad has left now is an unrestored 60's Borum Viking (??), a restored 60's Century Black Raven and a 2000 33ZX.

olredalert
10-27-2011, 07:58 PM
-----Joseph,,,Its possible that you are thinking of the Russos 7-Meter which they ordered with my help somewhere around 1970-72. Long time ago and just cant pin it down more than that. They kept it for several years. Baby blue and white, twin H/M 351s, and just about every option you could wedge on at that time. They were my Moms next door neighbors on Oyster Harbors just off North Bay back then. I knew all the Crosbys. Teddy Crosby was and is my favorite Crosby for several reasons. Aileen Crosby married one of my best friends on earth, Tommy Tuscano. Havent talked to him in years but miss our good times in and around Osterville. Fox Hole was my hangout for just about forever. Wow!,,,what a bunch of memories have just hit me. Tax men will be hitting us up now big time as my stepfather passed away last August and nobody left can afford the property taxes. Oh well,,,Life goes on!.......Bill S

-----Joeseph,,,If you were around Osterville long enough ago you might remember my dark green 18 named ''Seaducer". It was around for a couple of years around that time, and my all grey GT-21 maybe? Gt-21 was by far my favorite. Mercruiser no.3 clubfoot with the low horse 427. Would cruise at 50 all day long and topped out right around 60ish. I made a deal with Crosbys to use their marina as a sales location for the summer of 72. An old friend, Fred Curran bought the first DONZI I sold after buying into the dealership program with the Chisholms.

joseph m. hahnl
10-28-2011, 03:48 AM
-----Joeseph,,,If you were around Osterville long enough ago you might remember my dark green 18 named ''Seaducer". It was around for a couple of years around that time, and my all grey GT-21 maybe?

I was pre teen at that time. The 7 meter fits the description. Although I remember it as being all white with a black boot stripe and a tinted windshield. I want to say it was more toward 76 that I remember it. As far as the others including your GT21 is probably 100% likely that I saw you go past Coutuit harbor.

LeadSledMerc
10-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Yep, I've got the yellow 2+3 with the 383.
We come out to Mashpee/Wakepee all the time. What a great lake and crew on it!

Here's a few pics from the annual clam boil on the beach...you may also remeber my '65 Stevens in the pic from 3 years ago.

BUIZILLA
10-30-2011, 07:33 AM
okay.....

how's come I have NEVER seen that St Tropez or X18 before?

give it up, spill the beans.. :lookaroun:

mike o
10-30-2011, 10:09 AM
My older sister married a guy whose family owned the house next to and the driveway is just before draw bridge in Osterville. Family name is Day. My sister married Steven, he had a 13 Whaler on a pull- pole named "Gus". I brought my old sweet 16 down to Osterville a few times.

silverghost
10-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Congrats on your new Donzi 18
Best of luck !

I have owned a 1960 F.I. Corvette since 1976~~~Polo White with Silver coves.
, Optional Removable Hard Top, (which I never use) ,Heavy Duty Suspension, HD Brakes, Wonderbar radio, Power Windows, very rare Power Conv. Top.

Capevettes
10-30-2011, 02:02 PM
RickSE: Nice collection!!

Leadsled: Great pics. Count me in next summer on the clam bake. I do remember your boat with the blower.

Silver Ghost: A 60 Fuelie is a great Corvette. Nice color combo.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!!

Paul on Olde Cape Cod.

LeadSledMerc
10-31-2011, 11:53 AM
BUIZILLA,
That's Craigs ST...it's super clean and very fast. He bought it last year from a guy that used it solely on Mashpee Pond. Craig repowered and regelled it...long story, but it came out aweome!
I just met the guy with the X-18. He came out because he heard there were a bunch of us with Donzi's meeting at the beach. That's one of a bunch of boats in his stable, but this is his one lake boat. Clean boat and ran real well, but needs some cosmetics.
Tha Mashpee Pond crew we hang with are a bunch of great people...you never know whats going to show up!

Capevettes,
My Nailhead powered Stevens didn't have a blower, just dual quads...that was a fun boat!
Come on over and hang with us on thebeach when your around, we're always invading YOUR lake!!:shades:

LeadSledMerc
11-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Hey Paul,
The word I got from Craig today is that there's going to be a couple of new Donzi's we haven't seen on the lake next year.
The boys are all sinking their hard earned $$ into their boats to make them faster..and everyone is gunning for me and my old 18!
HAHAHA...bring it on!!:wink:

Capevettes
11-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Great. The people around the lake are going to have to get used to the sound of horsepower :yes: