PDA

View Full Version : Greetings; New to the Donzi forum... Paint Codes?

PMZONER
09-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Not sure where to post this question, so I picked the anything goes section.
I'm the newest owner of a 95 Black Hawk L.E. I'm looking to bring her back to like new condition...although she is in great shape for a 95, does anyone have the paint codes for the special edition paint.

Thanks for any help.

Pat

biggiefl
09-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Send Donzi your HIN and they will gladly tell you your numbers and everything else. His name is Chuck and can be found on their website.

They told me gel codes, engine, dealer sent to, date of manufacture, options, etc.

PMZONER
09-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Tryed Donzi Direct, never got an email reply. I'll give the other site a try.

Thanks again,
Pat

biggiefl
09-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Email Chuck at cwagner@donzimail.net

Tidbart
09-22-2011, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

FYI: DonziDirect is a merchandising arm of the boat building company. They sell clothing and parts and are really separate. They most likely won't reply to this type of inquiry.

Try what biggie said.

B

Al Moran
09-22-2011, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

gcarter
09-22-2011, 07:47 PM
If it's paint you want, any high end automotive paint store can match it for you.
Donzi used several paint mfgr's products over the years.
I've had good success using BASF RM UNO-HD two part single stage on my boats.
It's very easy to repair.

......also, the local dealer is only about two miles from my shop!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66116&stc=1&d=1313864504

biggiefl
09-23-2011, 09:38 AM
I think you need to name that "Really Red!"

PMZONER
10-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the input Gents, Chuck at Donzi customer service made three trips out to the archive building and had no luck finding anything with my HIN, He stated it is a "limited edition" Black Hawk, but no luck with the paint codes. So I will due my best to rub out the minor dock rash, and a little trial and error on the top side dings until I can track down the codes. I was trying to avoid trailering to a paint shop to do a computer match.

Cheers, Zoner :yes:

PMZONER
10-03-2011, 03:48 PM
68091:hyper:
I like RED also!!!!!

DonziJosh
10-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Oh man! Haven't been on in a couple days. We (DonziDirect) didn't get a request that I know of, but Madpoodle asked me on your behalf and I've been working on it. I know a guy who knows a guy who MIGHT have the codes; I'd talked to him on Friday and he was going to check into it this week. As soon as I get a definitive yes or no, I'll let you know.

Sorry we missed your previous inquiry, and while it's true that we are a retail operation, we do have a lot of resources and know people within the extended Donzi "alumni association" who may not be currently affiliated with the company but still have a lot of knowledge. We're always happy to help as best we can!

Josh

DonziJosh
10-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Got my answer this morning from the artist who originally designed your boat's graphic: no luck. If he doesn't have it in his massive files, then I'm not sure anyone will have it. We switched painters (and paint suppliers) a number of times since your boat was built. More then likely the records no longer exist. When I joined Donzi in 1997 we were using Sikkens paint. I'm pretty sure the Blackhawk graphics were done in Sikkens as well.

I also posted this on the other board. Sorry we couldn't help you!

PMZONER
10-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Thanks Gents, no codes but the response to a simple questions was awsome! And to track down the guy that did the original design...Too cool. I already have my wish list growing for stuff at Donzi Direct! Thanks again.

Zoner

gero1
10-06-2011, 08:50 PM
pm fast eddie on this site and give him a day or 2

gero1
10-06-2011, 08:53 PM
by the way, really nice looking bike! maybe you should show the board your wood working skills.. aka the slow boat

PMZONER
10-31-2011, 02:43 PM
68489When its windy go sail, Hot no wind...the Donzi makes her own breeze :boat: