PDA

View Full Version : Absolutley best 16 O/B i have ever seen.

Jraysray
09-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Every since I have owned my 18c I have ran into a smattering of people complimenting me on the Donzi. Then they say you should see my buddies. I say tell me about it. Then its something like it's a nasty sweet 16 outboard with a pad bottom. PAD bottom? Really.... Yep, absolutley over the top overything. I would normaly say great and move on but these were all industry guy's.

After about 5 years I came across it. Met the owner and asked him to come on d.net and tell us about it. He said he couldn't afford internet........ You should see his motocycle..

Greg Guimond
09-15-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm not seeing the pad bottom and not sure on the power. Looks like it might be a slow Opti 3L but hard to tell. Also, is this one of the mid 90's hulls with dual fronts? If that is the case then ............

Greg Guimond
09-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Scott, is this gentleman in your area or town? I was not sure as you said it took 5 years to run into the boat so I'm not sure if your chat with him occured this past week locally or in another location. Thanks for posting the pics, Buizilla is going to be pissed :wink:

Jraysray
09-15-2011, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

I knew you would have a ton of questions and I don't have the answers. Thats why I wanted him online. My mechanic took the pics and didn't get the shot of the bottom. I almost positive its a 70's hull. Don't quote me but im pretty sure. He said it's the last one made on the last year? It's supposed to be a screamer. I have never seen it in the water. He was working on the jackplate at the time it was in the shop. My 5 year comment was about how the guy lived in my area and how long it took to run across paths. There are more Donzi's here than I know.

Jraysray
09-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Educate me on the dual front thing, what are you referring to and what's the issue with it. Always up fer sum learnin..:)

Just Say N20
09-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Dual front bucket seats, rather than the wrap around "1+3" seating like the Ski-Sporters had.

Someone did a LOT of glass work on this cockpit. Look at the recessed area in the foot rest where the foot throttle is. I don't believe anything like that ever came out of the factory.

Jraysray
09-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I asked about that and he said he got rid of the wrap around. You are right he did do a ton of glass work.

Greg Guimond
09-16-2011, 06:26 AM
They cut out the lounge and terminated it as a bench, then opened up the splashwell I'm not sure what bucket seats they chose to use for the refit but not from a Classic. Also, looks like the driver is a lefty from the foot throttle location. I do like the side mount wing steering, although I have never seen that thin a ram. He's running a Sportmaster lower unit and upon a closer look the motor looks like a standard 20" Bass Mid. I thought I had the only pad bottom 16 OB in the world with The Mule so I'd really like to get a pictures of that bottom if the boat is still at your mechanics place and he would be willing to take the shots of the bottom........:yes:

What town and state was the boat spotted in?

Jraysray
09-16-2011, 10:05 AM
CLear lake area. I think he is in League City, Texas. He said the engine was a Merc racing something or another. Sorry I was deep in the bilge pulling my engine when he was chatting. These pics were taken months ago. Don't know where the boat is.

biggiefl
09-16-2011, 12:58 PM
I thought some woman on this site had a padded 16' O/B as well. I did notice the lefty pedal and the $$$ he must have spent at Dana and Livorsi on all that anodized stuff....yikes.

Greg Guimond
09-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I have never heard or seen of another pad bottom 16 OB, never mind owned by a gal. The pad on my 16 OB was installed at the direction of Don A and Dr Bob Magoon. This was well before I re-named it "The Mule".

RPD
09-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Greg ....... I think the mid-90's OBs had a different rear hatch on either side of the motorwell .... This looks like a 70's model to me. But lot's of work.

Greg Guimond
09-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Agree Bob, it is certainly NOT a 90's OB. The only OTHER pad bottom 16 I am aware of in addition to mine was the I/O one Ed Donnelly owned 30 or so years ago. That makes two pad bottom 16's, I'd really like to know if there is a third one out there somewhere in Texas.

Jraysray
09-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Yes this IS a pad bottom that the owner had designed for the boat. NOT a factory pad.

Ed Donnelly
09-18-2011, 12:49 AM
Greg. The pad and step on my 16 were not factory. Sure miss her...Ed

Donziweasel
09-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Beautiful! Nicest 16 OB I have ever seen. Nice find! :)

Jim won't be pi$$ed, it sets the bar for him..... :)

Greg Guimond
09-19-2011, 03:24 AM
Scott, what is the name of your shop out there in Texas that also services that 16 OB Baby?

Greg Guimond
09-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Jraysray, any chance of getting the shop name? I'm assuming that shop has helped build the 16 OB and I'd like to make contact.

As to the pad issue, the Donzi factory never installed ANY pads on a 16. Mine was added, Ed's was added and it looks like there is now a third pad bottom 16. I just can't really see it in the pics you posted up.

younger
09-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Ed and Greg what are the dimentions of these pads? Ed you mentioned step were was it located and was it vented? This might be a way for me to alter my x for the blackhawk 16 and get something to ride on instead of the gunnels.

Greg Guimond
09-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Jraysray, any chance of getting the shop name?

Jraysray
09-29-2011, 10:42 PM
"Jraysray, any chance of getting the shop name? I'm assuming that shop has helped build the 16 OB and I'd like to make contact"

The shop that the boat was in (pics) did not do the work but owner knows the guy. Like I said the 16 is known more than the owner. Complete Marine services "CMS" League City TEXAS Salute!

Greg Guimond
05-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Dragin it back TTT. Curious if you ever saw this beast again running around in your neck of the woods? Very cool :cool!:

Jraysray
05-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Is where I saw it and never in the water. I know its around but thats it.

Greg Guimond
05-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Gotcha, thanks. That Baby must haul the mail ........:incredible:

Greg Guimond
11-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Pretty amazing piece.......... :eek: