PDA

View Full Version : How do I keep bow down on 22 C?

bizpoop.com
09-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Quick question for you 22 guys. I've got a '06 GT 22 with the 496 HO. When taking off the bow rises to the point I'm blinded until it planes out. If I goose it good it goes up and comes back down quickly since it pretty much jumps out of the hole. What combination of tabs and drive trim should I try?

RockyS18
09-13-2011, 08:04 PM
The front is going to lift on every boat, regardless of the brand. If you want to get on plane quicker, you can just put the tabs all the way down. The front will still lift for a little bit though.

biggiefl
09-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Should not be that bad...my underpowered 454 hops on plane like nothing with tabs flat.

miike
09-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Different props will plane off differently. For example a four blade will plane you flatter, but you may not like other aspects of the ride (like me).

Marvair
09-14-2011, 06:37 AM
I have found this boat has so many different varibles that effect planing, slow driving and top speed. Fuel levels, amount of passengers sea conditions and prop set up all contribute to the ride. I am running a 26 Bravo 1 over the standard Mirage Plus 25 it came with, this cost top end but improved all other aspects. I am on my second trim switch as I am constantly changing the angle with the speed. I always trim all the way down for hole shot but the best answer is get plenty of seat time.

Marvin.

silverghost
09-14-2011, 07:39 AM
My uncle used to have my 300 lb Aunt Ruth sit up on the bow of his old mahogany Century Coronado to help keep it's bow down ; and get it up in plane.

Might also work for your Donzi 22 C ?

G-MAN
09-14-2011, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Thats what I used to think but we got a 98 regal 2500 lsr for the wife to run around in, if you just keep adding a little throttle at a time that thing will get on plane with out lifting the bow