PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Gen parts?

MOP
09-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi I am poking around looking for a generator part for an older Suzuki SE3000AD, need part number 34910-90001! All input appreciated!

Phil

joseph m. hahnl
09-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Is this what your looking for ,34910-90001 Unit,Oil Level.
What is the Part name?

http://speedsupplies.com/partslisting.asp?position=192&increment=500&category=SZ

Donzi_Dude
09-05-2011, 09:32 AM
how old is this thing?

what is the exact part your looking for?

CHACHI
09-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Phil, check with an Arctic Cat dealer also.

They sold re-branded Suzuki generators.

Ken

MOP
09-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Yup we know what it is and are now thinking it has nothing to do with the problem, we have checked continuity on every thing. Commutator, brushes, rectifier, breakers all show good It was running great then my friend tried to use his microwave, bad move gen stayed running but gave up on power. Need to dig a bit deeper can't stand "Easter Egging" if we can't find it the engine will make a nice project toy.

Phil

motorcity
09-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Take a look at the we site below. I've fixed a couple of generators, with this procedure. The magnets loose their magnatism, so exciting the field, gets the generator to start generating, again. Generators need to be run every now & then, with a load.

http://www.perr.com/tip16.html

silverghost
09-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Phill~
I think the above post might be on the right track.

If this is indeed a generator, and not an alternator, when the microwave was turned on there may have been a big inrush of starting current.
This may have shocked your generator and it could have lost it residual magnetic polarity.
Try re-polarizing the unit with a 12 volt battery .
You only need to hold the battery on the generator's field coils for a few seconds to do this.
You will have to take a guess as to which side of the field coils to apply the + positive and which side to apply the - negative.
The iron in the field will then hold a slight magnetic charge that gets the unit started charging.
If one way does not work switch the battery +/- leads and try again.
I doubt you really damaged this unit very badly.
You may have just shocked it & it lost it's residual magnetic polarity..

MOP
09-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks! You can bet I will try that Monday AM!

Phil