PDA

View Full Version : magnum 27

donzi 28
08-26-2011, 04:14 PM
looking to purchase a 27 magnum sedan.this will be my first performance hull. I have owned many deep v fishing boats-bertram 25, bertram 26, albemarle 24 and cary 32. what type of offshore waters could I comfortably run in? Can this mag be used as a sportfishermen? I am concerned with the low stern angle, waves coming over while drifting.I am trying to get away from strictly fishing boats, want to cruise more/hang out at beaches and occasional fishing trip. Is this a mag a good choice? any mag owners here on long island? I am in commack,ny.

Morgan's Cloud
08-27-2011, 11:29 AM
You've already actually owned a number of performance boats.. they were just the early ones though !

All were good blue water hulls that adapted well to fishing offshore .

IMO , the Mag 27 Sedan , love 'em or hate 'em , you can't say anything bad about the hull .. I just don't think it lends itself to fishing very well.

Incorrect c0ckpit layout , narrow beam and a low stern clearance don't contribute to trolling around in bumpy seas with a lot of costly fishing gear and bait.

Staffan Berg
08-27-2011, 03:30 PM
"I have owned many deep v fishing boats-bertram 25, bertram 26, albemarle 24 and cary 32."

Cary 32 - is that the same as Don Aronows "The Cigarette" or was it a "center console "?
Any pics ?

(I have never gone fishing with my Magnum 27 Sport)

donzi 28
09-01-2011, 07:50 PM
it was the center console cary, twin outboards.