PDA

View Full Version : cruising lake huron

hot shot
08-18-2011, 07:33 AM
great day on the st clair river and lake huron with my bud's yesterday..tks parnell and road trip for a great day on the water... lets do it again same place... :yes:

Sweet Cheekz
08-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Ditto Mick

Carl C
08-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Keep me in that week-day loop Mick! Yesterday I was returning from an overnighter at PIB. Lake Erie was pretty rough but fun. I scared the hell out of my passenger even though we were only able to cruise 35-40 mph on most of the Lake Erie leg of the trip. I had a big smile. He said "you're actually enjoying this aren't you?". I replied "F**k yes, I LOVE driving my boat"!! On the way there the water was perfect for the entire run; about a 1' chop. The St. Clair River into Lake Huron is a fun run and there is a beach just north of Port Huron that you can safely get to by boat and anchor in 4' of water. There is a convenience store in walking distance. Anyway, glad you are enjoying your boat this year also. It's a Donzi Summer :)

roadtrip se
08-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Who would have thought Lake Huron would have less choppy waters than the St Clair River? You could have picked my pocket on a bet easily on that one. The Great Lakes offer some of the finest and most challenging performance boating waters anywhere! It has been a fine summer here. Good times with good friends....

Mondolioni
09-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Been ripping up the lake all summer and managed to scare the **** out of everyone that has been on my boat. Honeslty don't know why people get so scred except to say that I don't like riding shot gun in anyones car or boat, I only feel comfy when I'm in total control. Control freak? Maybe...
Anyway I couldn't agree more, there are days when we get up early and the lake is glass. We blaze fromPort Elgin to Sauble for lunch or breaky in about 20 min flat. It's the closest thing to flying. It's fantastic! Then there's the days where we get big swells that can be fun to with the right people, like my kids who don't seem get scared by anything. Little adrenalin freaks (wonder where the hell they get that from...). It would be great if the few of us that even on or accessable to the lake could run together somewhere. Might trailer to further events next year depending on how busy it is. This year has been nuts. I'll have to get some pics on my profile. Lookin forward to meeting some of the great people I've heard so much about on here.

Cheers and stay thirsty my friends

Joe

Carl C
09-02-2011, 12:31 PM
The lake and St. Clair River were awesome yesterday. Lake Huron had velvety smooth 1' rollers or less. Visibility was very low and at times I was navigating just with the GPS. We ran on Huron for awhile and anchored at the Port Huron City beach for a swim to shore and back. Then into the Black River for gas and to take a look around. Then a great run down to Brown's Bar to top off the day with a drink and basket of fries. Ran flat out on Lake St. Clair for awhile and headed in about 7 PM. Great day. Anyone let me know when you are up for a good run, we are running out of good days.