PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Donzi 26ZX

The Hedgehog
08-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Many of you know the story behind this boat. I was looking for a new project in a couple of years but decided to go ahead and sell her. I currently own a few boats and barely have enough time for them. I will post pics when I find some that have not been posted on donzi.net

I am selling her with a stock 502 Mag. She was professionally rigged by Young Performance Marine and has run up to 103 MPH before returning to stock. I have not heard of any 26ZX run faster with verified numbers. The hull is obviously very straight and she has a number of custom goodies now found on a stock boat. These include but are not limited to:

1. IMCO dual ram full hydraulic steering.
2. Custom Hatch ram (this operates off a separate trim pump and is many times faster than the stock ram). Those that have waited all that time for the stock hatch to raise will appreciate this.
3. Custom Carbon Fiber Dash with Lowrance GPS / Map in the center
4. Updated Gaffrig gauges
5. Mercury Racing 280 K planes (not the slow tabs)
6. All trim and tab indicators are mechanical.

The boat is priced to sell at $29,500. You won't find a better deal on a properly rigged 26ZX. The price includes an aluminum float on trailer rigged for step hull boats. The trailer also features disk brakes.

The boat will run well as is and is also setup for big power.

I am working out the engine details for the repower as we speak but it looks like she will have a 502 Mag with 270 hours. The engine is currently going through a leak down and a number of other inspections.

Call Bill at 931-205-1884. I am in the process of compiling pictures.

The Hedgehog
09-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the pm's folks. I get busy and don't check the site for a few days at a time but the pm's notify me. It seems like a bunch of the pics have been posted so I will take some more. In the mean time, I am more than happy to email them.

The Hedgehog
10-17-2011, 03:19 PM
All ready to go with a 502 MPI and Stainless Marine exhaust. The engine reads 284 hours on the ECU. The drive is a stock Bravo that has never pushed more than a 454 (now 502).

I have engine pics. They are hazy right now but I will take some updated pics when I bring her out of the shop. The engine is BLUE!