PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Tampa Bay area?

biggiefl
08-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I see hundreds of Donzis by me and just wondering who is a member here. Being they are built down the street from me they are pretty popular. I finally bought my dream boat(22C) and go to Beercan beach(Longboat Pass inlet) just about every weekend. There are usually a half dozen Donzis out there but mainly center console models. I live on the Manatee river and would be willing to do a little rendezvous one weekend. I obviosly will be at the hometown gathering in October but that is 2 months away.

Nick

biggiefl
08-19-2011, 11:01 AM
45 have read this and not one is from Tampa Bay? Why did you read it then? If I saw a post that asked if anyone was from Kodiak, AK I would not open it as I am from FL.:bonk:

biggiefl
08-23-2011, 11:36 AM
So I guess I will be the only "local" at the Homecoming in Sarasota in October?

DonziJosh
08-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi Nick,

There are lots of Donzis in the area, but I guess not many bay area owners post here.

As you mentioned, there's a decent sized Donzi ZF contingent that can be found in the Beercan Island/Jewfish Key area on weekends. The yellow "Group Therapy" 35 ZF, a red 32 ZF that I believe is kept in the Bayshore Gardens area, a silver/black 32 ZF with checkered flags, and a blue-bottom 29 ZF. There's also a black 38 ZFX Open on Key Royale and a silver one on Longboat, a really nice red F-33 in Holmes Beach, a yellow 38 ZX in Bowlees Creek, and a couple 38 and 43 ZRs on Siesta Key. There are a several ZFs up the Manatee River between Shaw's Point and I-75, and quite a few more between Sarasota and Venice.

Lots of Donzis in Pinellas. You'll see them scattered between Egmont and Shell Key on weekends. Johns Pass Marina, and later, Lightning Bay Marine, sold quite a few over the years - everything from 18 Classics to 43 ZRs and a couple 39 ZSCs. There are a couple 38 and 43 ZRs between Harbor Island and Channelside in downtown Tampa, as well as a 38 ZFX or two.

Not so many Classics in the area, although you'll see them from time to time putting in at 10th Street ramp in Sarasota. Mr. X and CDMA are both well-known Classic enthusiasts here on the board with boats in the bay area. My good friend Donzi38zr has an orange 16 Classic kept in Nokomis, and every now and then we manage to lure him north. 450rrrr lives in Sarasota and has a nice red 27 ZR.

I'm sure there are plenty of others out there as well!

MikeMiller
08-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Hello Nick,

Frustrating sometimes posting in here, huh!?

Looking forward to seeing you at the Hometown Rally in October!!! Do I have your registration? I'll have to look when I get home. I am sure it is there.

I think you will meet a bunch of locals and perhaps then have some boating buddies!!

Talk soon,
Mike

lemshawsTaise
08-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and would like to just say hi :) I am a photograher in the San antonio area check out my site - Wedding photographers (http://www.sanantonioweddingphotographers.net)

lemshawsTaise
08-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and would like to just say hi :) I am a photograher in the San antonio area check out my site - Wedding Photography (http://www.sanantonioweddingphotographers.net)

biggiefl
08-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Top to bottom:

Josh...Yes this site is frustrating, just getting it to work is enough aggrevation for one day:bonk:Group therapy(Kenny) was my neighbor, he loves yellow. My other friend has a white/yellow bottom 26ZX. I see the occasional classic drive by Beercan but I have never seen one beached because I would have had to check it out. I have loved these boats since I was a fetus, came close a few times to buying one but had to hold out until I could afford a 22 as the others are just a tad too small for me. Heck there is not any room in the 22. Did you look at that POS 1987 22 on Longboat? What a wreck...a pity and a shame.

Mike...I posted on your rendezvous section that I am coming but not staying, etc. I do want a XL shirt to buy though. E-Mail me.

Lem...San Antonio, FL or Texas?

biggiefl
08-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Top to bottom:

Josh...Yes this site is frustrating, just getting it to work is enough aggrevation for one day:bonk:Group therapy(Kenny) was my neighbor, he loves yellow. My other friend has a white/yellow bottom 26ZX. I see the occasional classic drive by Beercan but I have never seen one beached because I would have had to check it out. I have loved these boats since I was a fetus, came close a few times to buying one but had to hold out until I could afford a 22 as the others are just a tad too small for me. Heck there is not any room in the 22. Did you look at that POS 1987 22 on Longboat? What a wreck...a pity and a shame.

Mike...I posted on your rendezvous section that I am coming but not staying, etc. I do want a XL shirt to buy though. E-Mail me.

Lem...San Antonio, FL or Texas?

biggiefl
08-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Duplicate.

Budmann
09-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Big... lots of Donzi's in the area!!! We boat with our 22 mostly on the Suwannee or St John. Don't like putting mine in the salt water very much!

We however go by beercan Island at least twice a month on our center console.

My email is budmann262@yahoo.com. If you want to plan something sometime, shoot me an email and we can cordanate something! You will meet most of us locals at the Rally! thats how trips and friendships got started on this site!!!!

Buddy and Denese

biggiefl
09-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Bud...what kind of CC? I was out there yesterday.

Saw a 1989? 18 that was red, now a shade of pink. Guy was not very talkative.

biggiefl
01-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Saw this guy out New Years day by Beercan. Supposably lives on my Bud's canal off of Palma Sola Bay. Are you a member here? I don't remember where I got the photo from. Can't be too man red windshielded 18's with a engine pad that say red Bull in script on them.

donzimikei
03-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Hey Guys I,m Mike I, recently purchased a 89' 21'Donzi Ragazza BW. Gettin' the kinks out of her. Will be out and about in a week or two. Would be more than happy to meet some of you. Send emails to duzitallhi@yahoo.com to let me know day and time.

donzimikei
03-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Hey Nick, I'm Mike I and would be launching out of the Apollo Beach area. Is the pass at the north end of Long Boat and exactly where; on the shoal or on the beach. I'd be happy to meet all of you as I'm a recent owner of an 1989 21' Donzi Ragazza BW. Getting the kinks out and doing sea trials this weekend when I get the new carb on. When exactly do you meet and what do the "newbees" have to bring? Looking forward to meeting all of you. You can send reply to duzitallhi@yahoo.com

biggiefl
04-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Mike we normally park under the bridge at the north end of Longboat. Bring whatever you like to eat or drink. I should be out there next weekend the 21st. E-mail me when you plan on going out next.

biggiefl
05-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Memorial Day weekend anyone? Gonna be there 5/27.

BLACKBOX
05-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Sorry, I only put in at Lake Tarpon, there are a few other Classics out there sometimes...

biggiefl
05-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Yes Fixx..exactly where I am talking about.

Blackbox....had no idea they allowed boats that big on Lake Tarpon. I thought it was one of those 20hp max places. Might be a great place to rendezvous if there are some cool beaches or coves to raft up at. I stayed at the hotel right there9with the steak house adjoined) but I put in in Tarpon Springs and went out to Anclote Key?

BUIZILLA
05-07-2012, 06:21 PM
another of our board members lives on Tarpon Lake

biggiefl
05-14-2012, 01:12 PM
We should set something up for the summer.

BLACKBOX
05-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Sure !