PDA

View Full Version : help

jaysea
08-10-2011, 02:10 PM
picked up a 1989 25 foot ragatta this month but having some issues with power.motor is OMC 5.7 I bleave 350 chevy engine,anyway boat will putt along at 1500 rpm fine but ask for more and it bogs down,spits back thru carb,and could stall if i dont back off.Idals fine after that but try to give it gas and same thing.History,boat sat for 5 years,pulled sending unit and sucked tank dry,looks fine,changed water sep.and fuel filter several times.I live on long Island so boating season will be comming to an end soon.Any ideas?

joseph m. hahnl
08-10-2011, 02:35 PM
picked up a 1989 25 foot ragatta this month but having some issues with power.motor is OMC 5.7 I bleave 350 chevy engine,anyway boat will putt along at 1500 rpm fine but ask for more and it bogs down,spits back thru carb,and could stall if i dont back off.Idals fine after that but try to give it gas and same thing.History,boat sat for 5 years,pulled sending unit and sucked tank dry,looks fine,changed water sep.and fuel filter several times.I live on long Island so boating season will be comming to an end soon.Any ideas?

primary jets may be clogged. accelerator pump may not be charging.
back fire through carb indicates lean condition.
would help to know what carburetor it is using.