PDA

View Full Version : Holman moody snail

87corvetteking
08-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi, I'm looking for a replacement snail and I'm having trouble finding one that will fit. It's actullay not for a donzi, I have a 17' 1975 Fantasy. I picked up a set of holman moody manifolds from a guy on craigslist, He said they were off of a 69' donzi. I've been having trouble with water getting in the exhaust and after alot of time and different techniques I got one side working great but the other side is still fighting me and I just found out that the snail is definetly bad. The model# on it is C7HM5A246MB1. It has a 2 3/8" exhaust hole with a 4 1/4" flange on the inlet side. The length is 10" from the inlet to the outlet with a 2 7/8" outlet. If anyone can point me in the right direction or has a set let me know. I only need the one but I know people like to sell the pair, so I am willing to buy a pair. Thank you.

mattyboy
08-10-2011, 06:25 AM
keep and eye on ebay every so often they pop up. another option would be to scrap the H/M logs and go with an alum center riser from barr. It's been said the logs are tough on the back cyls.
I think the logs were made by glenwood so search them as well.