PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pressure regulators

MOP
08-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I am on the hunt for a fuel pressure regulator, the prices are all over the page! I am switching to an electric fuel pump setup with an oil pressure safety. I want to return line regulator to send the fuel back into the primary filter not to the tanks. Going back to the tanks on my setup is not an option as my front tank does not have a return port. I am looking for decent but not to expensive. Input greatly appreciated! Phil

BUIZILLA
08-07-2011, 08:10 AM
if it's not an EFI engine why do you need such a complicated setup?

just get the Holley marine pump with the internal regulator

thats what feeds the 454 in my Critter

problem solved

MOP
08-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Jim I have been having off and on water issues, I already have a few Merc inline pumps I will use one of those. I want to tap in before the on engine fuel filter but after the primary then run to the regulator and return the fuel to my primary filter, I will be recycling the fuel without having to go back to the tank. Everything is in place I just need a return regulator to finish things up. Besides it is about time I replaced the mechanical pump, it is the one from the original Tempest engine. Another thing that prompted the move is a buddy wiped his bottom end out due to his mechanical pump filling his pan with gas.

BUIZILLA
08-07-2011, 09:08 AM
get a Holley # 12-803BP and a Racor spin-on in place of the sh1tty Merc filters

MOP
08-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks Jim I will order one, they also run the gambit from $22 to $60+ kind of crazy the variation on prices on this stuff. Phil

BUIZILLA
08-07-2011, 09:29 AM
it's a worthless move unless you get the Racor spin-on as well